REBORN DOLLS - BEWARE - Scammer site stealing photos, CALL TO ACTION, new sites are opening and using different artist photos

They have Shaylen Maxwell’s page copied… but not sure if those are pictures from her site also or not

This is from Shaylen’s site

This is from the scam site (they changed the first name to Aberdeen but left her nursery name)

1 Like

Thank you Jenni for all of the help you’ve given us with these Scammers. I would not have been able to warn my friends and customers without all of your work.

3 Likes

I have a lady wanting one of my babies, I don’t have what she needs and won’t be able to until late February so I recommend she go look around at reborns this is a snippet of our conversation

Another reason why our sales are down, the poor buyers are running scared!

8 Likes

Somebody needs to tell this person that reborns.com is not a scam site and ask her to pass that information along. I hope this isn’t how the real scammers are going to get back at us for calling them out.

1 Like

I see someone say this about once a week.

When I comment on posts I make 2 comments… one saying stay away from these places: then I send my image of the scammer list…

Second comment I say “Have you looked on reborns.com? It is a safe and legit site where multiple artists list their dolls (myself included) I have listed on the site for over 3 years now.”
And the link is in the comment.

5 Likes

Thank you again Jenni.

1 Like

On a reborn doll FB page people were saying that ALL online websites are a scam. :confounded:

1 Like

@jeanhai I did go on to explain to her that it is definitely not a scam site.( she was one of those who were scammed by the Chinese knock off sites. So she is now searching for a legitimate artist, that’s why she contacted me.) Now she is looking into reborns.com. But it is just so frustrating.

3 Likes

It is, because reborns.com is a hot mess right now.

3 Likes

I also sent her the most current list you made of the scam sites too. She was very thankful :heart:

1 Like

I watched a KelliMaple video called don’t get scammed for christmas the other day. In it she says that websites selling dolls are always a scam, unless they are a personal artist’s nursery website. She even said something along the lines of “If you see a website that’s called like reborn.com or whatever, it’s a scam.” I can’t remember her exact wording, but…

She has a pretty big audience on youtube (1.2 m subs) and the video was from December 7. I commented to let her know that reborns.com is safe but that was only a couple of days ago, so too much like closing the gate after the cattle have bolted… The video has nearly 47 thousand views.

4 Likes

Again, if people would do just a little research they would be less likely to waste money and also wouldn’t put out false information about legitimate sites. :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

She needs to correct that statement and let people know she was in error. That’s a serious mistake. I’d like to know what she based it on and I’d like to know how to contact her personally, not just a comment on Instagram or Twitter.

3 Likes

I’m not certain what she based it on, but I think it’s important to state that I don’t feel that she was being vindictive in any way. She seems like she just didn’t know. Perhaps @ShawnP might be willing to reach out to her on youtube and find out? That sort of content would fit into his format quite well.

She’s young and she probably doesn’t know, but to make a blanket statement that websites selling dolls are always a scam, unless it’s a personal artist’s nursery website is wrong and since she publicly stated it, I think she needs to publicly correct it. It’s the right thing to do.

4 Likes

I agree. From watching the video, she seems to be a very sweet young lady. Since she has such a wide reach on youtube, perhaps she can act as an advocate when issues arise in the community. I wonder if she would ever visit the forums for discussions.

1 Like

It’s an important life lesson for her to be sure of your facts before stating them to the public. She has a very large following.

3 Likes

I did watch and I believe she said something like “reborndolls.com”. But she did seem to steer people away from any sites other than eBay and in the comments she recommends Ashton drake. I commented that reborns.com is a legitimate site along with several others who have commented the same.

3 Likes

Plus eBay is full of knock offs and scammers to :frowning:

2 Likes