REBORN DOLLS - BEWARE - Scammer site stealing photos, CALL TO ACTION, new sites are opening and using different artist photos

Why does the picture not look like david though sorry I’m new at this remember.

1 Like

A sculptor makes a baby out of clay, sends it to a factory to be molded then poured into vinyl. The first 5 or so kits are sent to master artist - prototypes. These are painted and rooted by the master artists and they provide their pictures of complete dolls to the kit dealer to put on the sites to show what the kit could look like.
Which are the pictures on the link I gave above.

A few months later a huge order of kits get sent to the kit dealers. Then the artists buy the blank kits.
EACH kit is painted different by artists (no 2 are ever identical).

David is a name the Scammers labeled that STOLEN picture of an April kit reborned for their site… I am not certain who that particular artist was.

This is what we buy (not my photo)

Then we take weeks or months to complete the doll into something like these (these are MY 2 versions that I painted and have sold) Each artist has their own style, etc.

6 Likes

Like said above. The “David” doll your referring to is actually a sculpt named April by Joanna Kazmierczak. The EXACT doll in the photo you shared has probably been sold now and for $1000+. I don’t know who the EXACT artist is of that EXACT “David”(April) but to get a baby that looks similar (even 2 made by the same artist will NOT be identical) you would have to figure out who the artist is, if they take customs and had another blank April kit.
The site you found is Ran by China. They steal those photos from high end artist to use as advertising for their cheap factory painted knock offs…they then illegally copy the actual kit and factory paint it and send to buyers who THOUGHT they were getting the EXACT doll they advertise…hints why it’s a scam.
Now you could get a April sculpt doll, meaning same kit as “David” n the photo you posted, but it would be in that artist style and more then $100 as the blank April kit cost over $100 when it was released. It is now a sold out limited edition, but some are still being sold by artist who bought the kit,collectors who are selling their second hand, so you could still get one it just won’t look like the photo you shown. Now you may find a artist with a April sculpt blank that would do a custom, which you could get with your choice of skin tone/hair color and style etc but it would be in that artist style of painting, so you’ll need to check their work to see if you like it. The April sculpts I’ve seen for lately have sold for $350-$800 depending on quality,details and artist.

1 Like

Thank you so much for this and the lady above I APPRECIATE YOU BOTH VERY MUCH!

1 Like

What’s your website where I can order she is wanting a boy doll.

I only have 3 available right now.
None that are rooted and none of that kit.
https://www.reborns.com/JenniferLesser

1 Like

Jenni I hope you dont mind but I shared your Azalea with a lady on FB. Shes looking for a baby with vitiligo.

3 Likes

4 Likes

And again. :confused:

2 Likes

Here are some newly shared photos of these scam dolls :frowning: Squished ones
(IF THESE ARE YOUR PHOTOS AND YOU DO NOT WANT THEM ON HERE LET ME KNOW)

78950678_10157902035654400_3907249521469423616_n
79530693_10157902035569400_7770241745710743552_n

illegal

This one is from Reborndollsshop

3 Likes

WOW! I have no words for this! As if they weren’t already bad, each time they just keep getting worse. How do they keep messing up more each time? Limbs off and horribly squashed and mangled. This needs to stop, I just don’t know how it will.

4 Likes

OMG! Can it get even worth(er)?!

Just saw this. A glimmer of hope maybe?

5 Likes

First two listings when I google “Reborns for sale” :grin:

9 Likes

You are right! I did the same and got… :tada: :sparkler: :fireworks:

6 Likes

That is hopeful with the google searches

I have seen the reborn dolls shop site down a few times then they come back up

3 Likes

4 Likes

It’s not materially similar if you bought silicone and receive vinyl.

2 Likes

Blind as bats, these paypal employees…

3 Likes

What?!?!?! Omg!!! This is the PERFECT example of item not as described!!!
Yet when real Reborn artist get claims over item not as described, PayPal will usually refund even tho it’s the same exact doll!

5 Likes