REBORN DOLLS - BEWARE - Scammer site stealing photos, CALL TO ACTION, new sites are opening and using different artist photos

Pardon my ignorance, what is BJD?

I do. If you are wanting a reborn of this kit you are in luck because the blank kit is still available to order.
I dont normally do customs but I can work with you on one if you desire. I will message you personally with my info and links to my work.

Ball Jointed Doll

1 Like

OMG you don’t know what that means to me. Thank you so much. I am literally in tears. I can reach out to you tomorrow. Again Thank you so much.

2 Likes

Actually! Pullips And blythes aren’t BJD’s though they are customizable dolls! Ball jointed dolls are a type of high articulated doll typically made from resin (a soft ish plastic) or porcelain! They are hand sculpted and then molded/poured much like reborns. They are strung together with elastic (blythes and pullips are on a jointed body more similar to a Barbie called an Azone body typically!) BJD dolls range insize anywhere from 2-3 inches to 32 inches or more! Within the BJD community there is a huge issue just like within reborn of dolls being stolen and then copied!

2 Likes

Rebirth is a site that just scammed me. I ordered the doll,“ Daniel” as my daughter fell in love with the photo of the boy doll they had on their site, she set up her room for this new doll that she asked Santa for it for Christmas. She’s counting down the sleeps to Christmas in hopes of getting this baby. It arrived today and I could cry!! It’s nothing like the photo, has a completely different outfit, looks like they slapped on paint everywhere and it’s a GIRL doll! I don’t even know what to do. Blame the elves I guess. :woman_facepalming:Should have done my research first! I had no idea that this scam was a thing. I wish it would come up when you google rebirth reviews. Any ideas on what I should do, I’d love to help shut down this scam company!!

1 Like

Im so sorry for you so many people getting scammed with these china knockoffs If you payed with PayPal you can get a refund

Some people have had trouble getting PayPal to side with them. But be sure and tell PayPal you ordered a boy and got a girl. (They don’t seem to care that the dolls received look nothing like a the pictures. :woman_shrugging:t2:) But the best way to deal with PayPal is over the phone. People seem to be getting better, quicker results that way. And some people just go straight to their bank to file a complaint…skipping PayPal all together.

3 Likes

1 Like

How do I find a real reborn doll to order? I just got scammed from reborndollsshop and my daughter that is all she wanted for Christmas.

1 Like

I just got scammed my poor daughter this is all she wanted for Christmas how do I find someone to make this doll she wants can anyone help?

I’m new to this I have no clue.

I’m sorry you got scammed. There are many artists here. Hopefully one will come along and help or point you in the right direction.

1 Like

The sculpt name is April by Joanna Kazmierczak. She is sold out limited edition (SOLE) sculpt. The real reborn will cost you $500 and up.
I see two still available on Reborns from reputable reborn artists

https://www.reborns.com/item/72178/1

https://www.reborns.com/item/68958/1

Sorry that you got scammed :frowning:

2 Likes

@Eparrott01
First sorry you got scammed, I hope you can get a refund.

Second welcome to the forum - as a new member there is a post limit. If you find yourself unable to post comments that is probably why.

The kit in that stolen picture is April - sculpted by Joanna Kazmierczak. It was a limited edition (meaning only a certain amount of kits ever made) and it is SOLD OUT.
Sadly China has copied the kit and are making their own illegal stolen versions of it. (as well as dozens of other kits)
Here is a link to the real kit.
https://macphersoncrafts.com/online-store/sold-out-editions/april-by-joanna-kazmierczak.htm?lang=en-GB

In order for you to get a doll with that kit that is LEGAL you will need to find an individual artist with one for sale (like Yelena linked above) or an artist with a blank they are willing to paint for you (this will cost more)

If your willing to buy other dolls with different kits there are multiple to choose from. A lot of us paint them and list on reborns.com.

4 Likes

https://www.reborns.com/LeabelleNurserie

I have some nice reborns that are not too expensive. I can give you a special discount.
But be aware that they’re not child toys. They are fragile. They need care and gentle manutention.

1 Like

Thank you soooo much

1 Like

Your amazing thank you

1 Like

It’s for my 11 yr old she wouldn’t treat it like a toy.

1 Like

I have gave two to my nieces at this age, they take care of them like real baby !
It’s just some people want them for their toddler : not a good idea !

1 Like

I been hearing about this on youtube. It seems like it been popular among the reborn community lately.