REBORN DOLLS - BEWARE - Scammer site stealing photos, CALL TO ACTION, new sites are opening and using different artist photos

OMGosh!!! I am not happy. I went looking and found one of the “artist” repainting these hideous things and she is now using MY nursery name that I have used since the beginning of 2013. She did change one little letter of the name but even has it spelled together like mine! I will not have my name associated with this c*rap!! I looked at her eBay username history and she just changed her name Nov. 20. For anyone out there, I, Julie Cannon am HoneyBunnyBabies. Have been since March 2013. This woman, whoever she is just changed her eBay nursery name to HunnyBunnyBabies Nov. 20. I quit fb in July. I guess I will have to rejoin so I can defend my nursery. If I contact her tonight, I will not be nice. I need time to think about what Inneed to say to her.

2 Likes

Hunnybunny babies is also the artist on FB who is painting these. Has a nursery page with the same name :frowning:
That’s so not cool!!

Can’t believe I got a refund from Rebirth.

Like a lot of people I was scammed. My ignorance to the industry and not doing enough research which is unusual for me. I was outraged that I had paid via PayPal and contacted them to alert them of the rip off. They refused to step in saying there was nothing they could do. I reached out to rebirth, the place I purchased April from. I told them I knew they were not the original artists and that the pictures were stolen. To my shock they instantly refunded my money. I’m happy to say I used the money toward the purchase of a reborn from an artist. The cost was quite a bit more but I’m now educated enough now to understand why. I’m so sorry you guys are losing out. Seems so unfair. Does anyone know the original artist of the picture attached? I’d like them to know their beautiful work is being stolen.

6 Likes

Svetlana Gundarina

2 Likes

I’m so glad to hear they gave you your money back. Good job, too, for calling them out. And thank you for researching what real reborns are and why they cost more than these terrible, stolen knock-offs. We artists work so hard to make these kits look like real babies, and to have sociopaths pass off the art of real reborn artists as what they are selling is just beyond words. Many of the photos they have stolen are pictures of prototypes for those kits, and they are among some of the most beautiful of those kits made, and they sold for top dollar. I’m glad to hear you have purchased a real reborn. Thank you for supporting the real reborn community!

2 Likes

Ugh I hate it when people choose a name that is so close to another person’s nursery name. :rage:

1 Like

And she has hers squished together like mine too. It’s almost like she found mine and liked it so she took it. :thinking::triumph:

2 Likes

So i purchased a fake reborn doll “darren” from https://myrebornbabydoll.com/ didn’t realise this until reading all of your comments, so now I have to try and get a refund…
I only purchased it lastnight…so hopefully I can get my money back.
Question is where can I buy the real “darren” doll or similar?
thanks

Darren is a bountiful baby kit, so he can be purchased as a blank kit. You can go on reborns.com and search Darren to see if any are available or you can find a artist to make you a custom Darren. Lots of legit artist on this forum.

Also if you paid with PayPal, file a claim asap

1 Like

Darren. As in this face?

He is a reborn sculpt sold by bountiful baby in blank form.

this one:
https://myrebornbabydoll.com/collections/darren/products/17-5-ana-reborn-truly-baby-boy-doll?variant=31259445493846

thanks southernlullabies for the info on the real doll…and yes I paid via paypal so I will lodge a refund…

1 Like

@bountifulbaby. Can’t you do something about them stealing realborn sculpts???

5 Likes

File the claim and also call PayPal, many people have had to file claims due to the scam :frowning:

You will have no issue finding a Darren, however the dolls they show photos of sell for $500+ as they are high quality.
I saw a few Darren’s available on reborns. Com for sale now, or a custom could be made to your liking.

LOL. China calls Darren Twin A by Bonnie brown…when they have also stolen twin A.
Never seen their knock off of Darren…yet but you definitely want to file a claim soon

Their twin A doesn’t look exactly like a real twin A. I bet they picked Darren because he’s another closed eyed open mouth reborn and send the exact same doll as their ‘twin A’

3 Likes

Most likely. Ugh

1 Like

I would say you’ll be right.
They also have 3 month Joseph shown on their scam sites now as well

1 Like

That picture is a stolen prototype by master artist Bianca Frank of the realborn Darren kit. Probably sold months ago maybe even last year or so for over $1000 (probably closer to $3000 actually)

6 Likes

such a beautiful doll