REBORN DOLLS - BEWARE - Scammer site stealing photos, CALL TO ACTION, new sites are opening and using different artist photos

I agree!

1 Like

It’s illegal to resell a counterfeit goods, but I don’t think they are considered as counterfeit for now.

If Realborns are beginning to be targeted, maybe Bountiful Babies are going to step in ? It’s a trademark I think ? If so, now they have a proof of counterfeit item.

2 Likes

Added more

Also pissed off China… They blocked me then unblocked to reply… then blocked me again

4 Likes

Seriously?! They threatened your family?!

1 Like

Real mature huh?

2 Likes

They are crazy!
Yes very mature :roll_eyes: Nice to see how they react when they have been called out on their illegal activities!

1 Like

“Your family will die” really!!! Report that to Facebook…maybe even the FBI. That’s a terroristic threat.

6 Likes

Yep, I’d make it a terrorist threat. China is actually an avowed enemy to the USA, even if corporations here have them manufacturing 90% of our products. I hope you send it to FB.

4 Likes

Yes please report that comment! It’s very childish and petty of them, sorry if you didn’t steal artist photos and make crap knock offs people wouldn’t call you out (China )

5 Likes

What??!! Report them, Jenni!

1 Like

The nerve!!! :angry: Report them for sure.

1 Like

Report that!!! That’s just awful!!!

1 Like

Yeah unfortunately for those of us who don’t know what we are getting ourselves into and think we have Donne all the necessary research, we get scammed. If I would have known what a reborn really costs, I would have been prepared and been on the lookout. I just bought a ”Saskia” off reborndollsshop.com and only found this site because their Facebook page didn’t seem right. Had I looked at their Facebook page prior to purchasing the doll, I would have caught it in time. Guess I was just super excited to finally be getting my very first reborn doll and didn’t think to question the price. I emailed them for full refund and have to wait and see if they respond and I did use PayPal but as a guest so they said I had no transactions or purchases. I am very thankful to have found this thread, it’s too bad that it was too late for me. I’m definitely staying away from reborn dolls all together from now on. Those is who I thought I was getting…

2 Likes

Don’t be scared off of reborns forever!! It’s a wonderful and fulfilling hobby. There are some awful scammers out there, but there are many more wonderful artists and collectors. Reborns.com is a great place to shop - it’s like eBay, but just for reborns, and the owner is great about removing any illegitimate listings the minute they pop up.

3 Likes

I saw realborn Darren on the marketplace on scammers site under new arrivals they everywhere

1 Like

I have seen 3m Joseph also. I have sent some messages to @bbsupport about it

2 Likes

That’s good its awful people getting scammed like this

Keep a eye out on reborns . Com/Etsy/let go/offer up/FB groups…some of the people scammed are now selling their knock offs, some as knock offs, others as real and even one listed as a prototype.
Also there are artist now painting and selling these copies and people defending the artist painting and selling these

1 Like

Grrrr. These are the people I don’t feel sorry for. It’s unfortunate that you got scammed but to try to make up for your loss by deceiving someone else is not nice. It’s wrong and they should be ashamed of themselves.

5 Likes

Oh yea, there were lots of comments in the group when the girl posted. Heck even in a scam group that zoneone was calling out the people who were doing this, another scammer (actually a 13 year old who tried to use others work to get customs…yea that was fun) was telling people to leave them alone that $175 for each “knock off April repainted” wasn’t bad since it wasn’t that expensive. Umm I’m sorry idc if the knock offs were free, I don’t want it lol
And $175 is alot of money to most people when it comes to wants.
No reason to turn a bad thing into something worse and the artist who are painting these, are ruining their reputations for a few bucks

2 Likes