REBORN DOLLS - BEWARE - Scammer site stealing photos, CALL TO ACTION, new sites are opening and using different artist photos

Oh, it burns me up that they dare put “reborn dolls” on the their box. These are NOT reborn dolls. Ugh!!

2 Likes

Old-fashioned bait and switch. And they know how to do it.

You’d think PayPal would care about their own reputation. But nope. They don’t. Maybe we all need to find another selling platform and avoid PayPal all together. :woman_shrugging:t2:

2 Likes

They were sold a few years back, and it seems they’ve changed not for the better.

2 Likes

Ha! Just got my email today offering to send me clothes for the doll… needless to say my response was not very nice… putting it mildly.
On a plus note, I just purchased a reborn from a artist I have been chatting with over the last few days from Reborns.com
I can’t wait to get her!!

10 Likes

I will be completely honest, I had never dealt with PayPal until selling online. In person cash works perfectly…but selling online…I get buyer wants protection due to scammers…but what about the seller? I get their are scamming sellers, but artist are screwed every single day over a buyer who wants a refund/keep the doll and money back or ruins the doll for their money back and nothing is done about it.
Yet if you say you don’t take PayPal, people assume your a scammer. I’ve also done Walmart to Walmart which worked great but it does take trust. Which with the scam sites people don’t have

3 Likes

Did they require that you sign for the package when it was delivered? I’m wondering if I don’t open the door or sign for it, will they just return to the seller?

Hello, wow I’m really so disappointed. My daughter has been begging me for almost a year now for a silicone baby doll. I decided since its almost Christmas, I would get dolls for her and her sister. It turns out it’s a scam website. I feel so awful to tell my daughter that she won’t be getting a doll. I’ve already asked for a refund but no answer. I researched and turns out they’re more expensive than what it says on the site. Does anyone have any tips for me to get the dolls or doll like the same kind as the ones I chose on the website. Thank you.

1 Like

Welcome! @allisonsmith try reborns.com

First.

I’m sorry you got scammed.

Can you share photos of the dolls you purchased?

Second. I don’t recommend silicone babies for children. They are delicate and aren’t something I would ever give to a child. They also sell for thousands of dollars.

1 Like

One of the scam pages are now offering 3 month Joseph and trouble by Nikki Johnston as options :frowning:

I’m am so thankful for this post. And;. Am so sorry for the ones who was wrongfully taken advantage of. The scam sites were the first thing that showed up while searching for the twin a kit. I was only looking through the pictures on Google but knowing that the first thing that pops up is absolutely disgusting to me.

2 Likes

Yep cause they are paying for advertising

Silicone is more expensive and fragile. It costs thousands for good ones and can tear easily. Not recommended for kids.

1 Like

Oh okay thank you! I’ll definitely try the cloth body and yes I’ll send pictures!

This is the one I ordered for my daughter there was another one but I can’t find it now.

You can find several Twin A and Twin B on reborns.com site (use the search). That is a reputable site were most of the artist from this borum sells their dolls.
Of course they will not cost $116, but they will be work of art OOAK babies.

1 Like

Yes, but I’ll either have to wait for a refund or re-save my money for next Christmas to be able to afford a different one.

They told me my refund was pending. I don’t know if that’s the truth or not :unamused:.

They’ve been saying you have to pay like $100 to return the doll… so you are still out money if you do… or they say they will send an outfit to "make up for your dissatisfaction "

edited to add the screen shots of the emails THIS IS FROM 2 SEPARATE buyers that were sharing about their experiences on facebook
(I blacked out the email address of the second customer)