REBORN DOLLS - BEWARE - Scammer site stealing photos, CALL TO ACTION, new sites are opening and using different artist photos

@Tome and @Laynergirl Im sorry you got scammed. I hope you get a refund on those dolls. Do you mind if I share your photos online with my customers and people who visit my webpage?

2 Likes

I don’t mind a bit. I’m so disappointed and now I’m incredibly overwhelmed searching for the perfect one for my daughter… poor girl, the disappointment when I walked in with that ratty looking box was horrible… #momfail :frowning::cry:

2 Likes

But yet they went around to doll shows and asked for discounts and got dolls for less than $300 to mark up in their store without telling the seller anything about what they were doing… (2018)

8 Likes

I think I remember reading something about this in a FB group. Isn’t this the store who sells artist made reborns, knock offs and babyclon silicones?
So they ask for discounts from the hard working artist…only to sell for 2/3 times the cost they paid?

5 Likes

If I remember. That’s exactly what they did.

They also asked artists to crank out an insane amount of dolls and vastly overestimated how many or how fast they would sell.

4 Likes

Thank you for sharing your perspective, I am happy first that you didn’t get scammed and second that you found a baby you love❤️. I love a happy ending💕

1 Like

It’s not just the dolls that are outrageously priced in that store. When I went there last year I could not believe my eyes at the price tags. It was crazy. I saw bling pacis in a glass case for $100 :flushed:

4 Likes

So sorry! Not only is it not quality work but it’s a limited edition kit that these Chinese scammers stole from the sculptor and are reproducing themselves illegally. They know this kit was rather popular, especially the way the prototype artists painted it. These scammers have stolen the prototype artists’ pictures and are using them to falsely advertise. I hope PP sides with you, and I wish PP would shut these scammers down. How many reports do they have to get in order to do the right thing??

It looks like they might be air brushing the paint onto these kits. Look at how shiny they are and distorted. That’s because they are copies of the original and who knows what inferior vinyl they are using, which also may be toxic.

I don’t mean to sound like a broken record but it’s near impossible to get China to comply with any of our laws. It’s good to report it so that hopefully word will get around that these people are poison, but not much will become of them and they will not be made to stop on their own. It’s hard to get another country like China to stop doing illegal things. Research and education regarding this and then passing it on and making it as public as possible is what will help. The more people know not to buy from them, hopefully the less money they will make as time goes by. Not enough money made, they may stop. China has scammed so many other countries over the years, it’s no surprise they’re doing this too.

3 Likes

Also, to the new ladies who have been scammed and come here to report on it, I just want to remind everyone that most reborn dolls are NOT made for children. If you have a mature 11 year old, a reborn could be a possibility. But quality reborn dolls are weighted with tiny glass beads and polyfil, and they are not meant to take a lot of wear and tear, rough play, frequent use. The limbs can come off, the hair and lashes can fall out, and the paint can eventually rub off if the doll is played with. Occasional dressing and posing or taking the baby around in a pram is not as big of a deal, but most kids want to play with them like they would a play doll, and reborns are not play dolls but works of art mostly intended for mature teens and adults. A child who wants to play with a fairly realistic doll can get an adorable Berenguer doll at Walmart and places online for a lot less than even what the scammers are charging for their nasty knock-offs.

9 Likes

Ewww. I dislike the bling ones anyways but $100?!:nauseated_face:

2 Likes

It’s my fault. I simply was in such a time restraint that I didn’t so much research. Now I know… and I can only hope people see my story and will no better. I am now working with one of the artists on the Reborns.com via email. I am really pleased with the communication. Even sent me a video of the baby. So soon very soon, we will have one we love. I plan to donate the scam doll to a less fortunate child.

5 Likes

The link needs an s in it to work correctly. reborns.com

I know. I about dropped to the floor. I could make that paci for much cheaper. Even their regular things that you would find at other stores were marked up quite a bit. I was honestly very surprised. FL is expensive especially in that area but Walmart is down the road. :woman_shrugging: I’m just cheap though :rofl:

That is very nice of you to donate it! If you dont find a child to give it to, you can also donate to a nursing home. :blush:

1 Like

Totally agree with you. But it’s collectors on YouTube fault too. Those who make box opening and roleplay. Kids watch those videos and think they can play with reborns, like the youtouber does. If parents watch the videos they can also be bring to think this is ok to play with the reborns.
Artists and collectors need to be careful about how they present their dolls.

I feel my english is bad today, I hope I was clear enough !:confused:

4 Likes

I understand the concern. If my daughter wasn’t a mature girl, I would not be looking into this for her. She’s a very mature child and has no intention of rough housing or playing house with a reborn.

2 Likes

Yes. When I was in there they had a TON of employees and not that many customers. I found it odd that there was so many employees in fact. Most were just standing there with nothing to do.

1 Like

I’m sorry to hear this. :cry:

I agree, I have a sweet young friend she was 8 and a very mature responsible 8. She loves her dolls. So I made her a reborn as a gift, she treats it like China and monitors anyone holding her! Guarantee she will hand her down to her own daughter someday.

3 Likes