REBORN DOLLS - BEWARE - Scammer site stealing photos, CALL TO ACTION, new sites are opening and using different artist photos

There was a girl in a scam group today, PRAISING the scam sites and their “beautiful babies” made for those on a smaller budget that “real artist” dont care about 🤷

Need a eye roll emoji

4 Likes

Reborns . Com is a legit selling site, alot of artist on this forum sell there. You could also buy from a artist on this forum, (even have a positive feedback thread here!)
Facebook groups offer lots of babies…but lots of scammers, join scam groups (more then one! Reborn scammers US/Canada and trusted artist is one of my favorite groups as the admin really seem to care about proof and getting the whole story)
The advice given above is great! Make sure to pay with PayPal and NOT friends and family, that way if you run into a issue you have options for a refund (always try to work it out with the seller first)
Safety photos can be photoshopped. You can ask for a random object with the doll like a remote spoon etc
Make sure to ask for several photos. Close ups in good light. Also pricing! If you see a amazing baby for really cheap…be careful.
Ask the kit name, then Google it to see how much the blank was. If someone had a very realistic baby for $150 but the kit was $100 blank…there may be trouble. Now you can find good deals, just have to research! Facebook nursery pages also have reviews from past customers.
Depending on your budget there are babies from boo boo babies, budget babies, customs etc.
Welcome to the forum!

3 Likes

Makes me wonder if it’s a troll from one of the businesses.

2 Likes

Macphersons.com is a good place to look up reborn kits and see what their price is/was. They keep a somewhat permanent record of each kit they have sold. Their site will also show which kits are still available and which ones are not. The China sites are like a third market world of scam and evil. They know it’s illegal to copy someone else’s work, but they do it anyway and then steal from unsuspecting customers.

2 Likes

Another one of the crap dolls they are passing off as a silicone twin A…

4 Likes

They really messed Twin A up, bad.

2 Likes

Yikes! That’s a scary sight

I dont even think it is Twin A at all and they are using the stolen April limbs…

2 Likes

Why don’t they just buy an Ashton Drake doll.? Its the same factory made crap but at least they don’t steal from sculptors.

4 Likes

Yeah, really.

I wish a flood of scammed buyers would contact their local news and someone the national news. It won’t stop China from doing this stuff but it will at least get the word out to people so that they know to never purchase a doll from them.

Yes.

These scammers are hoping that the time to file a dispute on PayPal will pass and the buyer will be out of luck.

I think getting the word out is the best we can do at this point. Its a shame so many have already been taken advantage of by these sites. I have a post up on my FB page that is pinned to the top. It has @jlesser list that she has kindly been trying to keep up to date. With her help I have collected photos of dolls that people are getting as well. I posted all of those in the comments of that post. If anyone would like to share the post or copy the stuff that’s been collected to create your own post, please feel free to

I have been trying to get the word out and much as I can and report sites when I see them. If feels like a losing battle at times. This morning I realized that since I was doing a giveaway on my FB page, I could get people to share that post with that info for a “bonus” entry into my drawing. So far it is working because the post has been shared 13 times. Hopefully it will keep going and more and more people will share it and save at least a few people from buying into the scam.

3 Likes

I think someone should contact a news station. Maybe someone on this forum knows someone associated with a news station/reporter? The news is always running stories of phone scams, why not this type of online scam as well?

2 Likes

Yikes

How can they send something like that out??? I’m so sorry

1 Like

Ughhhhh!! Not knowing much about reborn’s… my 10 year old beggggged for one after watching these openings on YouTube for her birthday . Running out of time I came across the Dollish page… well… Big Huge Gigantic mistake on my part…the doll is hard as a rock… was supposed to be “full silicone body” came cloth with tie things sticking out the ends… I’m so glad I found Dave and he let me in on a few things. I reported Dollish to better business bureau… sent pictures and how it arrived. They did open a investigation however I doubt much will come of it but I can only keep my fingers crossed. I should have known better. I am hoping to find her a nice one for Christmas. I’m worried though as now that I have been ripped once… I don’t want it to happen again.

4 Likes

My brother in law works at a local news station here. I have spoken with him about these scam sites. He said he will pitch the idea to his boss but he needs buyers and artist who had their photos stolen to use as a advertisement to be willing to either do a Skype interview or at least make a statement!

9 Likes

Please check out the babies available on reborns.com.
It is a safe and legitimate site. The owner is even on here and has comments in this thread. He is very hands on and answers questions in a timely manner. He is on the artists’ side.
It is a site where multiple artists from around the World list (most nurseries are in the US though).
We pay a monthly fee to list there (well most the time… though there is a free option now)
There are different price ranges, skin tones, kits, etc. You can filter the search criteria.

6 Likes

Thank you. I’ll look into it.

1 Like

Welcome to the forum and addiction :wink: !
I am so glad that you was able to do a homework and proper searches and have a happy ending! :slight_smile:

4 Likes