REBORN DOLLS - BEWARE - Scammer site stealing photos, CALL TO ACTION, new sites are opening and using different artist photos

Added more today :frowning:
rebirthdoll and raise-life… ugh

5 Likes

I got 3 Ads on facebook for these fake reborn sites…I reported them as being a scam but just because i wont see the ads anymore doesnt mean others wont… Facebook is making money off of these ads, what do they care if its a bogus site…What a shame this is happening… I started reborning back in 2003, I was on the board of LLRG when it first started…I stopped reborning after breaking my back…thought id finally get back into it just to find out the market is swamped with scams…What a shame…Dont know if BuckieBabies will make the comeback afterall…figures

2 Likes

After reading these posts, I am sick to my stomach! I ordered from https://www.reborndollsshop.com/products/22-little-elsie-reborn-baby-doll-girl?pr_prod_strat=copurchase&pr_rec_pid=3988293943399&pr_ref_pid=3988294140007&pr_seq=uniform
It is the same doll discussed in a lot of the posts. :broken_heart:

1 Like

I am so sorry :pensive:

That is the Saskia sculpt. And a stolen photo.

If you used a bank card or PayPal you can try and get your money back.

General statement about this:
Whenever you order something from a new website you don’t really know yet, google the name! Read what others say about them. No matter how good or professional they sound, no matter what amazing stories they post on their website.
There’s many fake online stores or ones that have very bad business practices. Some even have a fake review section on their page with nothing but praise about them.
Don’t blindly trust them.
If you can’t find anything about them via Google, find somewhere else to order as well. They may be a new scam site.
This goes for everything, not just dolls.
It takes a few minutes each time, but it has saved me several times already.

9 Likes

3 more added!

They are like roaches. Ugh

7 Likes

This problem of all these fake Reborns sites is really getting out of control and really damaging to our industry and all the honest artists.

It is almost daily that someone contacts me to tell me they have been ripped off by one of these scam sites asking for their money back (thinking that Reborns.com some how can get their money back or am somehow involved or the seller).

These scam sites are advertising on facebook and google (do a search for “Reborns” or “Reborn Dols” and you two ads come up for Reborndollsshop.com and rebirthdoll.com before the organic listing for which Reborns.com is number one. This has to end!

To try and fight this I am going to play around with advertising Reborns.com to “compete” with these scammers to help push their ads down and/or try and divert traffic to Reborns.com instead of the scam sites. It is going to be costly, but it has to be done.

These scam sites have no good organic search results in google so they have to rely on paying for placement to get to the top of google and to trick people.

I would recommend that you also consider advertising on google and facebook for popular Reborn terms with ads that point to your website or Reborns.com page. Yes, it costs money. But if all of us flood google and facebook with ads it will either help to drive the price of advertising for them up and/or push them off the pages and/or drive people to your website (or your store on reborns.com) to shop.

Also, I’m thinking of creating a page called “Reborns Ripoff Report - Don’t buy a reborn doll until you have read this report” and advertise that with my google ad and then list all the sites and then link to their bad review pages. All though this might be asking for a DDoS attack from them as many in China don’t play fair.

Surprisingly, when I went to look for bad reviews on these scam sites, I didn’t see a single review (positive or negative). That has to change to help get the word out.

If i am going to post and then advertise such a page labeling them as scammers, I think it would really help the cause if many negative reviews were left about ALL these sites on Trust Pilot and/or Ripoff Report. It would help corroborate the story instead of just looking like a jealous competitor who is bad mouthing the much lower cost competition.

Mobilizing together is the only chance we have to fight back against these scammers and prevent our industry from being ruined for good and everyone thinking we are untrustworthy.

We have to cut the snake’s head off at the source: Google and Facebook ads because once a buyer gets to their very professional looking Shopify web site – with our many stolen doll images and cheap prices – it will be next to impossible to get a buyer to not buy them and be scammed and us losing out on a sale.

Wonder twins power activate!

20 Likes

I will gladly pay for an ad on FB to help fight this when I get paid! Now just to figure out how to make an ad lol
Thank you for all your doing along with everyone else! One was removed today via FB (I got a notification since I reported) but when one goes down, more go up :frowning:

2 Likes

Adding this here.
(vamgokids links back to so real doll but someone on facebook was asking it is was a scam and it said vamgokids in the screen shot… though when I tried to find the page I couldn’t see anything about reborns… but added it due to it having doll so real on the screenshot as well)

Added some color… maybe it will catch people’s attention more
Please share sorry it is added to so often but more places keep scamming… It is getting so long it is hard to get it all on one screen for a screen shot… :confused:

11 Likes

Please don’t apologize! You are working hard at helping us all! It is easy to just update the photo with each new addition. I have it pinned to the top of my Facebook page so it doesn’t get buried in other posts. Thank you so much :blush:

3 Likes

I shared your photo on my nursery page with compassion photos of the photos they show vs what they send.
I also posted the same on several of the scam websites posts I’ll sure I’ll be blocked but 🤷

2 Likes

I am not sure what to enter to properly report these companies. Would someone mind helping me out, here is a screenshot, not sure what to choose…

1 Like

I normally do scam/fake page, then fake page again.

3 Likes

I do “scam and fake page”, too. So far I haven’t had much success. I still see the pages I’ve reported.

1 Like

I’ve reported using the scam/fake page,intellectual property and unauthorized sales. Out of all the ones I’ve reported only 1 has came down that I’ve been notified about anyway.
Zero store on FB commented back to my comments showing what they show vs what they get and stated someyhing along the lines of "we don’t have copy right fees and sale dolls for collectors, painters have a copy right fee " what ever that means. 🤷

2 Likes

Sounds like what they mean is “we have no idea about copyright laws, but we don’t care as long as we can make easy money”

4 Likes

That’s exactly that. They won’t stop as long as they make money. We can fight as we want, they will pop up under other names.