REBORN DOLLS - BEWARE - Scammer site stealing photos, CALL TO ACTION, new sites are opening and using different artist photos

Thank you guys so much;)

2 Likes

That is the only site that I would trust.
When you shop for a reborn doll look at the details: how cleanly creases are done, does artist shows the close-ups, how neatly nails are painted, if eyebrows rooted realistically and at the right place, how ears are shaded - stuff like that.
Happy shopping!

2 Likes

Here is a new post
A lady was posting about being scammed this morning from these sites. This is the first April knockoff I have seen.

2 Likes

And a few more Saskia knockoffs I have seen people sharing that they got from these sites… some come with no legs attached and on a torso…

4 Likes

What in the world… Those look dreadful!
I mean, at least attach the legs…
Here I was thinking you couldn’t go wrong with those kits…

1 Like

Geeze. Those are clearly molds of kits. The lack of detail and odd shaped heads proves that much.
And quite obviously factory paint. Ugh

1 Like

Gosh! So those knock offs have full torsos and not even weighted?
Factory paint with no details or depth and factory rooting :scream:

I had a lady to contact me wanting to know if I would repaint hers that she received from one of these China scam sites.When I refused,she was rather rude but I told her that I was not going to work on a Fake Knock Off kit.

8 Likes

I am in tears at the moment. My daughter wanted so badly to get a reborn doll for Christmas and I know nothing about them. I found reborndollshop.com and purchased a doll through them. After learning my mom had been scammed by links listed on Facebook ads I decided to review my purchase. This is what I found. I just had a baby and cannot work so I spent money that really needed to be used elsewhere. I just wanted to see my daughter smile on Christmas and I’m left in tears. I really don’t know what to do from here. I wish I had reviewed the site first.

1 Like

That is the Saskia sculpt. I’m sure you could get an artist to make one. But a well made reborn costs more than 100$

Did you pay with PayPal?

Nope. Used a prepaid (thank gosh) debit card. I don’t even know process to cancel order and attempt refund since I ordered this past Saturday. Basically I think I’ve gotta swallow it and hope a church can help me out for Christmas. :crossed_fingers:t3: Needing prayers.

If you paid via PayPal goods and services you can file a claim to get your money back. Also if you used a credit or debit card you can file a dispute with them as well. If you paid with PayPal you should have no issue getting a refund.
As stated above, that is Saskia sculpt by Bonnie brown. The blank kit is $109 before painting/eyes/hair etc.
There are a few Saskia babies on reborns.com (legit website, lots of artist including members of this forum sell there) I believe but they are $300+.
So sorry to hear you were scammed :frowning:
These websites are such a pain. Stealing photos from legit artist and taking hard earned money away from perspective buyers and sending low quality knock offs or nothing at all. Definitely file a claim for a refund.
Even on a lower budget you can find a real Reborn.(not exactly high realistic but still cute) There are boo boo and budget babies and alot of artist accept payment plans as well.

3 Likes

Even with a prepaid card you can still file a claim depending on company the card is thru

2 Likes

Was a greendot prepaid card. So I guess if I was going to choose any prepaid card to be scammed using, got a chance with them. I hope anyways.

Here’s an updated list of SCAM SITES
Please save and share

7 Likes

Thank you for making this list Available to share! I am sharing it now!

3 Likes

That Saskia and April are hideous. It appears the features of the April kit did not copy well into their stolen version, and the mouth looks wrong. The face looks bloated. And that Saskia looks bizarre. Her mouth is wrong. And them sending babies with their legs off!! I don’t have a very deep Uncanny Valley but that’s just downright creepy. :dizzy_face:

2 Likes

I have been contacted by 4 people so far who got scammed. I wish I had a way to let people know you can’t get a reborn for 100$

3 Likes

Why they are contacted you? For a makeovers?

I posted the list of scam sites on my doll page. They always comment on it