REBORN DOLLS - BEWARE - Scammer site stealing photos, CALL TO ACTION, new sites are opening and using different artist photos

Oh wow, that’s horrible

I didn’t know until recently, but at the Better Business Bureau (BBB) they verify every review left. Wow! Talk about a hard and tedious job. I guess that is good because in this day and age of so many fake reviews on sites to try and pump up sales it will help to make a site more trustworthy.

One thing the BBB told me (from a recent meeting they held special about Reborns.com) is that they will only accept reviews from people talking about the Reborns.com as a selling platform not about an individual transaction between a buyer and seller.

I guess that is good because I, as the operator of Reborns.com, don’t really have much control over how a seller treats their buyer. But I do have full control how Reborns.com is ran and how i do customer service to the artists/sellers, etc.

If any of you would like to leave a review for Reborns.com, you can at:
https://www.bbb.org/us/oh/cleveland/profile/dolls/reborns-0312-92044841

It can only strengthen our selling community to help weed out the scam sites from the real sites out there.

9 Likes

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review. Cool that they followed up to make sure the review was legitimate. you don’t really see that with any site out there!

2 Likes

Thanks for the kind words. It does seem like a never ending and challenging fight. Hopefully with all of us coming together and fighting against these scammers we can keep chipping away at them and ultimately take them down. Which I’m sure they will then just pop up with a new site and start all over again. Like I said, never ending, but we all just can’t sit still and do nothing.

3 Likes

It’s so sad I have seen so many of these scam websites pop up everywhere! :disappointed_relieved:

2 Likes

I have even seen them on the marketplace its awful people getting scammed

1 Like

I know right. I tried to report one on their the other day, but I am not sure if I did it right…

I will how to do it

I’m not sure who the artist is, but the kit is called Saskia. Maybe you can find another one that you like.

1 Like

Nataliya Konovalova

3 Likes

Before finding this post I bought a doll from one of the mentioned sites.(Supposedly a full body silicone, but I am a first time reborn buyer so didn’t know the price was way too “cheap”). The email they sent me a message from was reborndollgiftshop@gmail.com and the PayPal address is [Dollishreborndoll@protonmail.com, company name

Custom Information Technology CO.LTD

• $159.99

camille_180x

Hopefully the picture will upload because when I google searched the image only the sites which have been listed here showed this picture so I couldn’t locate an artist, but maybe someone from here might recognize it. (If it doesn’t show, it’s the Camille doll) 3 weeks after ordering I asked why I had not received a tracking number and they gave me info which was not listed on the site about how long the doll would take to ship (a month minimum) so I waited another 3 weeks or so and then asked for a status update when I still had not received the doll or even a tracking number. When they failed to reply after a week I reported them to PayPal and was issued an immediate refund. They responded to tell me they had refunded but couldn’t respond when I asked for a status update?? I promised them in my reply I’d tell everyone I could about my experience as my daughter and I waited 8 weeks for this doll. :frowning: Tonight I ordered another doll from Looksorealreborns on Etsy for $45 more for a cloth bodied doll and I really hope this time it works out because the whole process has been a giant headache, and it took her two years to convince me to spend this much on a baby doll in the first place because I live on disability. Fingers crossed!!

3 Likes

China is scamming as many as they can. They have been allowed to manufacture so many of our country’s products for quite some time (very cheaply) and have taken a lot of jobs away from our citizens. Now they are scamming the reborn doll world. It’s really sick. I am sorry you had that experience, but now you know and are aware.

The pic is small but, based on the doll’s mouth, it appears to be Twin A, by sculptor Bonnie Brown. They are stealing the kits of these sculptors and copying them illegally. They know that basically nothing can be done about it. They are untouchable. PayPal is the only thing that can help people with them when scammed.

The way to get a good, quality, REAL reborn doll is to purchase one from an artist who runs his/her own reborn business. Quality reborns are not cheap. Most kits cost between $30 to $109 (some a little more) unpainted. Then the artist has to take time to careful paint the kit, to make it look real, and then either paint realistic hair or root in mohair. This is a long, painstaking process that costs the artist more than just the kit price. The artist’s time put into each doll is never fully accounted for. Those who use heatset paints have to pay electricity and wear and tear on the ovens they use to set the paint. Good mohair isn’t cheap. Then there are the weighting materials. Glass beads, not sand, are the quality materials used, along with quality polyfill material to stuff the baby.

5 Likes

That picture is definitely Twin A by Bonnie Brown and they may be using another artist’s pictures. There’s no logical reason for it to take a month to ship a doll. I think that was a scam.

1 Like

I was lucky because I filed a complaint with PayPal in time and my money was refunded, but I sent a letter to PayPal informing them that this company was using PayPal services in a scam with stolen pictures of dolls they didn’t possess trying to rip people off and asked them to investigate, and I was very disappointed by their reply. There was no acknowledgement of what I said, and their reply read like a form letter which was accidentally sent to me instead of the seller. “We have made a ruling in favor of the buyer. We have authorized a refund to the buyer on your (???) behalf.” I’m definitely not the sleazy seller, but I guess as long as this horrible company keeps paying their fees to use PayPal to accept payments for the crap they are trying to pass off then PayPal doesn’t care. I’m not giving up on letting people know not to get caught up with them though. I went to their facebook pages and, along with my I experience, I posted a link to this article in reply to every person who had asked if anyone had ordered one of their dolls and actually received it. I also went to review sites and shared this link with my review and shared this link on my social media accounts. I’m not a vindictive person, but when you are stealing from people trying to make an honest living, deceiving buyers, and disappointing little girls, grieving mothers, etc. in the process I can’t just let that slide.

6 Likes

I reported the Anne baby ad which popped up on my facebook page just last night! It really is an uphill battle, but if everyone that is aware takes some kind of action then maybe something will eventually be done. If not, at least we are sparing some people from getting scammed by doing what we can.

2 Likes

I loooove this doll!

1 Like

Her facebook says he is on silent auction.

is ShieldSquare Captcha a scam site??

1 Like

no, that site is great

3 Likes

That’s where most of us sell. :blush:

1 Like