REBORN DOLLS - BEWARE - Scammer site stealing photos, CALL TO ACTION, new sites are opening and using different artist photos

I’m not seeing it - what’s different about the name? Does the link not take you to reborns. com? It looks like a link to reborns.

1 Like

This is perfect. Would it be okay if I copied and pasted this to my Facebook page too?

1 Like

Yeah it goes right to our bunch so I don’t know ?

Well I need to let her know this is our legit group. People gonna be afraid to order anything off line for fear of getting scammed!

2 Likes

Absolutely, please do!

1 Like

Correct me if I’m wrong, but Elisa Marx never made Coco Malu into a silicone kit did she? This is an illegal kit isn’t it? :confused:
https://www.reborns.com/f/70485

1 Like

IDK but the vinyl Coco Malu is 18 inches and this one is 16.

But isn’t the knock off vinyl version smaller than the real kit? So the probably poured it from the knock off version. :confused:

1 Like

Slight success.

I got an ad from one of the scammer pages removed.

8 Likes

I don’t think she claims she made it, just that she painted it.

Right. But it’s still an illegal sculpt unless Elisa Marx was the one who made her into a silicone.

3 Likes

Yes, it is an illegal kit. They sell some silicones made from stolen kits. Coco is one of them.

Here is another illegal copy I came across on eBay. This is the Victoria/Victor by Shelia Michaels. In silicone by ivita :frowning:

1 Like

Hello I am new to the forum and looking for a doll for by daughter for Christmas. Are you taking orders. Your work is nice.

1 Like

Hi. I sent you a direct message. :purple_heart:

As a new member you may have a posting limit. So I will just give you the link to my etsy store. I also have space available for a custom order if that is what you want.

Feel free to send me a message on Etsy and we can talk.

Big win here today! I was able to get Shopify to remove the Reborns.com name/address/information from the following scam sites:

rebirthdoll [dot] c o m
reborndollsshop [dot] c o m

These sites were claiming in their terms of service and privacy policy that they are Reborns.com

I’m still working on tying to get my information removed from the scam site:

dollishreborndolls [dot] c o m

but this one is a lot harder since they are hosted not at Shopify and I have to try and deal with their host who are in China on Alibabcloud.com I have field DMCA takedown requests, but no luck so far. They just do don’t seem to care about Intellectual property laws in China so they let their clients do what ever they want.

Meanwhile, I have been getting bad reviews left for me on the BBB website and have also gotten a letter from a lawyer who wanted to sue me to get their money back for a doll that their client bought on these scam sites (thinking Reborns.com was behind the site). Once I explained to them how these sites are hi-jacking my name/address and putting it on their site they understand adn I was able to get the feedback removed and the lawsuit dropped. But it is a huge headache and it takes time going through this crazyness each time.

I thought I would share my “win” for the day with you all. Hopefully it will help to cut down on complaints that are wrongly coming to me.

23 Likes

That has got to be stressful getting bombarded from so many different ways with such slow progress. That is a great win thank you for sharing it with all of us, we are all seeing so many people being taken advantage of by these companies so a huge Thank You for putting up such a hard and relentless fight!

1 Like

That is great Dave! BBB called me the other day to verify my review.

2 Likes

That is great news!