REBORN DOLLS - BEWARE - Scammer site stealing photos, CALL TO ACTION, new sites are opening and using different artist photos

I have filed the DMCA take down requests at Shopify and was able to get many of the pages stolen Terms of Service and Privacy policy, which falsely featured Reborns.com as the owner of the site, removed from their many sites.

One problem is that their one site: dollishreborndolls is not hosted on Shopify

The only way I have figured out how to complain about that one is via their domain name abuse URL: That URL is: Abuse Claim - Alibaba Cloud

Hopefully the domain registrar will force them to taken down my stolen content.

But sadly other stolen content (of dolls, pictures and descriptions) must be reported by the owners of those items with proof given before they (or even Shopify) will consider removing it.

It is a frustrating wack-a-mole war we are fighting, but we must all stay vigilant.
It will be a hard war to fight as they are not going to go away with all the easy money to be made by selling fakes and/or stealing money with no repercussions. Very sad and upsetting.

5 Likes

One more terrible thing about talking about these fraudsters online is that when we mention them in postings and list their URLs it actually helps them in the search engines like google. Listing their website URL or full name counts as a backlink for them which raises their rating in the search engines. That sucks!

So when mentioning them in postings, don’t enter their full URL and/or leave off the .com and/or spell it out, or list it in a picture (which isn’t easily read by search engine spiders).

Sadly more work for us to do to keep these fraudsters at bay.

6 Likes

Another thing that can be done is to report these sites to places like:

And then in the same realm, but opposite, leave positive feedback for sites that you trust which will help buyers know what are real and to be trusted.

If you would be so kind and leave feedback about Reborns.com at the links below, not only would I appreciate it, it would help the entire Reborn community and future potential buyers know Reborns.com is a safe and vetted place to shop:

Here are links where feedback can be left:

https://www.bbb.org/us/oh/cleveland/profile/dolls/reborns-0312-92044841

https://www.facebook.com/pg/rebornsnursery/reviews/?ref=page_internal

Lastly, I see on Google when you search for Reborns they (rebrithdoll and dollishreborndolls) have taken out ads with google Adwords. you could also file a complaint with google adwords about these sites (after of course clicking on their ad which will cost them money).

All we can do is band together and chip away at this fraudsters to try and make life harder or more costly for them.

5 Likes

I leave for a couple of months and come back to this! :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: One thing I will say, no two things is that this is happening with virtually every thing, clothing, shoes, etc. It is impossible to stop it. Secondly, at this point I agree that people who pay for cheap will get cheap and maybe learn from their mistakes.

5 Likes

And they have twin a for 130.00 I’m sure its Jackie Kramer work they everywhere even on the marketplace

2 Likes

I just posted on my Facebook they are scammers

1 Like

I went on dolls so real tonight and the first thing that popped up was (so real doll…) and before i knew it I clicked on it and saw the scam site. Unbelievable!

I been leaving on there site scammers beware

Is the second one a knockoff of Greta Arcello? And I don’t know who the first one is.

I did some closer investigating on thebestgift site (reborndollsshop) on their about page they have multi copied other people’s wording. The one I focused on

"A Reborndollsshop doll is the work of a group of inspired people committed to bringing you the very best.

Reborndollsshop is a proud part of the Charisma Brands family of fine products."

The Charisma Brands might be owned by Marie Osmond, they sell her dolls. I went to the Charisma Brands site and reported them. Apparently I reported in the wrong place as I haven’t heard back and this is still posted to their page. I think if enough people bring it to Charisma Brands attention, they might help. Here is the page with links to contact and even a phone number https://www.charismabrands.com/
Maybe a helping hand?

That’s to bad. My daughter saved up her allowance for almost a year to purchase a reborn and she just “purchased” one from this site. We researched and researched and it seemed okay. Guess we were doped. Oh man she is going to be crushed. How do I report this?

1 Like

Did you pay with PayPal?

It says paypal on the receipt email but I never actually went to the paypal site. :confused:

If the receipt says PayPal, file a claim. The more claims filed, the more likely PayPal won’t allow them to keep taking money. And if you can’t file a claim on PayPal, call your bank and tell them you just found out this was a scammer purchase.

1 Like

Thank you all so much. She is devistated.

1 Like

So very sorry

What site was it?

Rebirthdolls.com

Well I hate that so bad! That’s what’s so awful about this! Shame on them!

Can you post a picture of the doll she purchased? If I am able to get the sculpt I would be happy to make her a baby. It would be more than 100$ but I can cut the price as low as I can. Or offer a payment plan. Or both. If need be.

I hate to see kids taken advantage of.

How old is she. If you don’t mind my asking. Reborns are best for older kids and adults. Not safety tested for kids.

3 Likes