REBORN DOLLS - BEWARE - Scammer site stealing photos, CALL TO ACTION, new sites are opening and using different artist photos

But try to post one of your personally created dolls, made from a legal kit and they will flag that immediately. Even my Tinky “violated” their policies. I guess I can see why they often think our human dolls are real babies…but an elf?! Really. What policy did she violate? I promise I’m not into elf trafficking. :rofl:

6 Likes

Wow!

I’m irritated that FB won’t let you type in WHAT the issue is? You have to check boxes, and for this none of them really fit the issue. For intellectual property it looks like you have to be the owner or they ignore you. It sounds like Jacky Kramer can’t even them to stop using her photos. And yet, FB had put me in their jail several times this year for liking something that is not on their PC approved list. But scammers and thieves can have the run of the house.

2 Likes

They wouldn’t let me list my Ethan Russell in Marketplace at first. Twice they thought I was trying to sell a real baby even though I filed a grievance to explain that it was a doll. They still wouldn’t let me list it. I used another photo and then I was able to list it on the third try.

2 Likes

Yep, so true!

1 Like

I think our best defense to this problem is to educate the public to the problem. When I first got into reborning I didn’t know nothing about China knockoffs or special sculpts. So I was ignorant to it all. I went and got two for my granddaughters and was not aware that I had done anything wrong. Now that I know more about the community I’m terrible embarrassed :weary:

5 Likes

I was on the educate the public and call out the scammers crusade for a while, it didn’t feel good and I wasn’t effective.

People want cheap sometimes and there isn’t much you can do, for some people it is what they can afford.

China will keep doing what they do, we are not going to stop them.

(sad face).

3 Likes

Yeah this is true. Just had someone tell me the yesterday that they saw where you could buy reborns for 100 dollars. I explained to them that the kits alone cost that. And those were prototype pictures they were showing that didn’t belong to them. But people that aren’t aware will try to purchase the babies only to be sadly disappointed. But like you said what can we do ?

2 Likes

Saw another one today. “Annie baby.” lots of stolen Saskias.

Sigh.

1 Like

This is my current list that I know of and share it on facebook and in comments, etc

THESE ARE SCAM SITES
DO NOT BUY FROM THEM
THEY ARE STEALING ARTISTS PHOTOS
NEW SITES POP UP ALMOST DAILY :frowning:
dollishreborndolls.com
reborndollsshop.com
rebirtha.com
betterpandalife.myshopify.com
sorealdoll.com
cusyourlife.com
blingshena.com
rebornbabie.com
mybobbleheads.de
annebabys.com
warmhomee.com
Tafike
TheCabinas
Anne Baby
Realistic reborn doll

2 Likes

To those that want to give up trying to stop these crooks don’t feel like it is helping:
Please don’t. We all need to do all we can, Yes, I agree that people will pay for the cheaper doll if that is what they are after, but it IS OUR JOB, as Artist and Collectors to educate the public the best we can. To stop outright theft and to try to protect each other. If they know that we are watching and will report them, this may deter any wannabe future thieves.

I have been reporting these sites as mentioned above, letting people know to not buy on Facebook and more. The problem is with Shopify, in my opinion, as they are the main site these Scammers are using. Shopify is in Canada, there laws will be different then the US. The Domains, seem to originate out of China, as well as the factories that are producing these knockoff kits. I want to say THANK YOU TO THOSE THAT HAVE JOINED THE FIGHT, and ask that we keep this action going.

If we just help one person, avoid these scam sites, it is a good deed worth doing. We are ALL IN THIS TOGETHER.

So,
Keep reporting to US authorities.
Keep reporting to Shopify
Keep reporting to Facebook
Post warnings on your own FB page
Post warnings on THEIR FB pages
Contact those that are on commenting on THEIR FB pages to warn them
Post Warning on your on website if you have one
Contact as many artist you see, when you have identified their photo’s being used. Refer them to this
post where they can get informed about what to do and who to contact.

Just do what you can that is all we can do. For those that have reached out already to artist, how did they respond? are they help?

3 Likes

I’m still reporting and posting. It feels endless but I’m not giving up.

5 Likes

They know exactly what they are doing.

Look what comes up when I searched for Twin A.

The reborn art is going to die slowly now. We can’t compete with these scammers.

1 Like

2 Likes

Looks like maybe Sunny and Shyann also stolen? Who are the other two? Hoping I’m wrong, but doesn’t look great … lots of other definitely stolen sculpts on the page. Again, really hope I’m wrong.

:rage: and look at her hands - they are absolutely unpainted!

This is getting out of hand. Its so big.

I don’t know how we are supposed to stop it now.

1 Like

Why is there nothing we can do? This is outright theft. Of photos. Of sculpts. This. Has to be against the law.

That’s the most horrible part - China doesn’t have copyright law that protects products from being reproduced. As long as it all goes down in China, the use of the moulds, the copying of kits, the use of photos, none of it is against the law in the country of their business. Perfectly, horrifically legal.

3 Likes

The thing is. If they actually used photos of their actual dolls they wouldn’t be getting sales. But they steal photos of real reborns.

There should be a law about showing exactly what you are selling. Sigh.

It wouldn’t bother me so much if people didn’t think us real artists are asking too much for our babies now. And ripping people off.

This is just painful all around.

2 Likes