REBORN DOLLS - BEWARE - Scammer site stealing photos, CALL TO ACTION, new sites are opening and using different artist photos

I spent my entire day yesterday searching for the perfect 3 dolls for my girls for Christmas. I was back and forth between a few sites and thought these dolls were just unbelievably gorgeous & so life like! I was showing my girls and asking them which ones they liked the most and they were telling me which ones they wanted on their wish list for Santa. I was so excited and couldn’t wait to decide on which ones I wanted. I kept dwindling them down but was having a hard time only picking 3 because they were all so beautiful. Then after reading some of the descriptions I started questioning why the info was describing a doll to have brown hair and eyes when the doll in the picture was sleeping etc. So then I started googling the dolls I was interested in and was looking for actual pictures and YouTube videos of what they look like in a customer picture. To my surprise I found a YouTube video of a little girl that explained how she got scammed. After that I started looking for into this company and ran across your blog about scammers stealing photos. I can’t even imagine how you must be feeling having done all that beautiful work and having someone do this to you!!! I’m devastated and it’s not even my work that’s being stolen and used to scam people. I was beyond excited that such a beautiful doll would be so affordable and that I could buy all 3 of my girls such a beautiful baby. And now I have to tell my girls today that I’m sorry but none of those dolls are something Santa can bring and that it was a scamming site. This is so sad that people in this world think it’s ok to do this! Such a shame. Aside from the scamming I wanted to say that your work is absolutely breathtaking! The dolls are so gorgeous and realistic. I pray that someone can put a stop to all these sites.

5 Likes

I am so glad you did not end up scammed. Thank you for researching before buying.

Thankfully this kit (it is the Saskia kit by the way sculpted by Bonnie Brown) is still available if you find an artists’ work you like and who is willing to paint them.
That being said the kit alone is over $100. You would more than likely pay between $300-$500 on average per doll. Unless you found a very generous artist who would do a deal for you due to there being 3 dolls. Also want to mention each artist takes a different amount of time to create these works of art. It may be easier to find 3 artists whose work you like and that way all 3 dolls would be worked on at the same time (roughly of course that depends on artists’ schedules)
I also want to mention that I do not know how old your kids are but the dolls are art. Not really a play doll. They need gentle play and not thrown in a toy box or on the floor etc. That all depends on the child also. My 9 year old keeps hers on her bed and it is fine (no rooted hair). Hair is another thing that had to be gentle. Constant brushing or hats, or cloths being changed with damage the hair and sometimes the paint. All stuff to consider before buying an art doll for your children. :slight_smile:
Good luck in your search.
Also please check out reborns.com many artists here list there and it is a legitimate site. You can also filter your search criteria.

5 Likes

Welcome to the forum.

I want to say first I’m sorry these scammers put you in this position in the first place. It is likely their goal to get parents who just want gifts for their kids. Its not right.

That being said. I am more than happy to make a Saskia or two (or three) for you. As of now my Christmas custom list is short so I have time to make them and get them home by Christmas.
However I know this is an expense. So may not be in the budget.

But I hate to see disappointed kids. So if I can help please let me know. :purple_heart:

1 Like

Good for you for doing your homework!
In addition to what @jlesser already said I would like to add that reborn dolls didn’t follow the safety regulations for children’s toy. The have flammable materials and very fine glass (sugar like) beads in the limbs, head and body for weigh. All that also need to be consider before you’ll buy a reborn doll for a child.

With all that said, reborns.com has dolls in all price ranges. They will not be Saskias, but your girls might find babies what they like there. Good luck!

3 Likes

This is terrible people are getting scammed. The only little optimistic outcome is buyers are seeing that “cheap reborns” are not what they thought so they will be more inclined to pay the higher price for quality authentic reborns. So if you have your doll priced lower, I would advise to price it higher so buyers understand authentic reborns cost more money and so they won’t get it mixed up with the fake dolls pricing. I might have worded that all wrong lol.

5 Likes

Agreed

Whose video is this they are using?

https://www.facebook.com/712590162532143/videos/665800077267852/?__xts__[0]=68.ARBSUVi-QH-y4tru98-ly5xs0QPwyxcuISRkg-W6fv0nfLHCjVNaJ6-psFk3BIDhD-F7s29EualTMcOt86JhJcOkuN6soTmj4-Bo4Q2y0J-a5r3M20iRjYYlEz5X5p_9BcbbGH5khEbrHqkA3Ga3eQBVwQQjmjZ9MppSGIEPxQsxBm-NxKGvL1qX6PEm7bVPq_a8ezxT_rde5Wec6batr6QL4Es4rOjXBdTdMelbKBCvB7M_2by8enfGi4VEjheGeFUxNcKgVq7M-AxoQP-wi2h-f39L1K5LUn_ZPjm7ySYYIuYYaA7_fOYmq2itW_NAhFgG3hyB_5tFnmyUzEC87lnz32awE8yw&__tn__=-R

I just file a report with shopify because there email is linked to them they bring them down I told them they are scamming people with their name they will email me to ask me questions I told them that they have been scamming people and stealing pics of original artist this there number if someone wants to file a complaint 855-816-385

3 Likes

Heard back from FB regarding my many reports of the photos and videos used by these sites on their FB pages. FB has become a joke and really doesn’t care or listen. Here is their canned reply:

Thanks for your feedback

Thanks for letting us know about this. The video was reviewed, and though it doesn’t go against one of our specific Community Standards, you did the right thing by letting us know about it. We understand that it may still be offensive or distasteful to you, so we want to help you see less of things like it in the future.

From the list above, you can block Rebirth doll directly, or you may be able to unfriend or unfollow them. We also recommend visiting the Help Center to learn more about how to control what you see in your News Feed. If you find that a person, group or Page consistently posts things you don’t want to see, you may want to limit how often you see their posts or remove them from your Facebook experience.

We know these options may not apply to every situation, so please let us know if you see something else you think we should review.

1 Like

Wonderful idea !! I need to get a pillow too

1 Like

I have also and showed them pictures of the fraud sites.

1 Like

Talking about stealing photos, someone asked me yesterday if she could use a picture of my doll for her Facebook page.
I obviously said no, but I was pleasantly surprised that she ask for permission. I just told her that she can buy the doll and take all the pics she want for her Facebook. I am not sure she will not use it anyway but at least she was honest !

4 Likes

New scammer facebook page Trafike
Leads to the scam site reborndollsshop

2 Likes

I am not active on Facebook and I just began my YouTube channel. I have post a video about those scammers tho. At least I am warning the few french people that follows or will follow me (soon I hope !)

5 Likes

I can’t find this one. It doesn’t come up in a FB search for me.

I actually think there is no r… I will look

I cant comment on it, I think they blocked me this morning

1 Like

Someone posted this in a facebook group
This is what was sent for $100

That looks like Saskia’s head, not sure on the limbs which means they more than likely have stolen the sculpt. I was thinking maybe people would get entirely different kits or nothing. It is pretty discouraging.

4 Likes

I sent the pictures to Bonnie also…

1 Like

They actually copied Saskia! :cry::sob::triumph::rage: