REBORN DOLLS - BEWARE - Scammer site stealing photos, CALL TO ACTION, new sites are opening and using different artist photos

:rage::rage::rage:

1 Like

That’s horrible!

1 Like

I agree. I’m a new artist of nearly a year and I put love into each baby that I create. Makes me so mad that they are fooling people!

1 Like

How awful!

1 Like

That’s so awful!

A woman that I warned in a PM sent me the same screen capture. I contacted her to fill her in a bit more on the scammers and asked her if she had tried to get her money back.

1 Like

This whole thing makes me afraid to make a Saskia. People are going to believe all photos of her are a scam. Or they will steal them. Ugh

3 Likes

I just did

Hi I am new I believe I have been scammed by this seller Dollish Reborn I am really upset I really though it was a legit company I order about on August 7 and sent them an email they told me that i should receive her by the first week of september I grew suspicious when i ask them for a tracking number and none were given to me sent them several emails I am truly hurt
even my family knew about the reborn and they play with peoples feeling I have reported to paypal and they have opened an investigation on them hopefully they will do something about it just thought this group should know

5 Likes

I hope you get a refund fast. Sadly it is a scam.
I think that was an April? She is a sold out kit. They dont have and not silicone at all. Her blank kit was around $100 before any artist painted it, added to it or assembled it, etc.

4 Likes

paypal just answer me I have paypal protection it seems they are getting complaints from them

8 Likes

I’m so so sorry. Sadly you are not the only one who was scammed. These dolls are expensive to create and thus anyone selling one so cheap is suspect.

Can I see a photo of the doll you ordered? If I Can get the sculpt I’m happy to make you one with the same face. Although it would be more expensive.

4 Likes

Ah I see it is April. She is long sold out. I’m so sorry.

1 Like

how much

Sorry. I see the one you chose is long sold out. Its not possible to make a doll using that face.
Unfortunately.

1 Like

I would suggest to do the search for ‘April’ on reborns.com and you will find several Aprils there. I believe the lowest price in $350.
Reputable reborn artists sold their work there. Or maybe you can find another doll in your price range. Good luck to find your bby!

https://www.reborns.com/item/69985/1

6 Likes

First of welcomeGabby. But also very sorry that you got scammed! Really makes me :rage:

1 Like

thank you all…it means a lot

2 Likes

Just be wary of anyone and ask questions here before you buy another doll. If someone claims to have more than one of the same doll. Or if its less than several hundred for it. Its a scam. Reborn sculpts cost 110$ for just the vinyl parts. Sometimes more. That’s without hair. Body. Eyes. Clothes. Ect.

4 Likes

A woman that I warned on FB a couple of days ago said PP was not yet ready to act, as they hadn’t received many complaints yet, but if more have been reporting fraud hopefully PP is now ready to act on this.

The problem is most, if not all, of these scammers are in China, which makes them hard to bring to justice. But here is where knowledge is power. If we pass this information around, warn anyone who needs to know to avoid them, then people will become more wary of these sites as they pop up or change their names, and then they will not get away with this so much. I’ve placed a detailed warning on my doll page, and Shawn has, and I’m asking other artists to please do the same. It will benefit both artists and collectors.

4 Likes