Really, these dolls are selling

:rofl:

1 Like

That’s a good idea ! I must try it :rofl::rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

Puts a whole new meaning to forked needle :joy:

6 Likes

Lol :joy:

Now I will have this image in my head when I root with my forked rooting needle. I struggle with rooting. :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

1 Like

I recently posted a photo of my WIP twins with this message attached “Twin A & B are on their final stages of reborning. Their hair will be painted. If you’re interested in them bald, please let me know soon. Painting will commence this upcoming week.”

I try my best to make realistic ethnic babies because there are a shortage of them in the market. It is very discouraging to have people inquire about the price and send me :astonished: wow emojis…especially African Americans when they see the price. I feel agitated at first…but I’m the one who determines my worth. I spent an avg of 50 hours achieving the perfect realistic skin tone…oh gosh…by then I’m so tired of the kit I don’t want to root. :rofl:

One time I got a “good luck in selling your baby” statement. The twins were sold within 24 hours. I made sure to send this picture below to the inquirers DM with a “Thank you for wishing me luck. It worked” as a reply.

30 Likes

I LOVE IT!!! :+1: :+1: :clap: :clap: :clap:

4 Likes

Omg,:rofl::joy:

1 Like

Congratulations! They are amazing!
I never had a problem selling Twin A, twin B is a bit more difficult. People still love them and the price is according to their quality. They worth every penny!

2 Likes

Thank you. Mei Lein is my last baby to complete and sell for the year, then I’m closing up shop until 2021!

5 Likes

Brilliant!

3 Likes

Why? To clean your house and do normal people things? :joy: I do the same thing… I finish by thanksgiving so I actually get other things done!

1 Like

I saw that too. I didn’t know whether to laugh or be baffled. And sadly it wasn’t a day later the same girl was making custom spot listings…
Alot of people are now basically wanting people to pay for their practice since they’ll have never made a doll or only painted one toy store doll and then customs it is. But “they watched a million videos” (literally told this last night after I stated that if you’ve never painted a doll, customs should be the last thing on your mind. When someone wanted to either find 1) blank kits with hair,body,eyes for $50 with shipping or 2) buyers to buy the kit they want along with everything else (including glass beads and poly fil, magnets) + $100 + Ship and she’ll “try to make the baby of your dreams” but “NO refunds” and there were people biting! I don’t get it

3 Likes

I’m totally into holidays with the family!! Thanksgiving and Christmas is my favorites holidays. I’m preparing for multiple family members visiting. And I LOVE DECORATING!!

6 Likes

Yay!!! You are going to have so much fun!!!

2 Likes

oh please, do share. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Preface: The following statement is from an extremely self-critical, perfectionist, procrastinator, to date non-seller, call it like it is type of person (me).
Just checked out reborns.com and I must say-WOW! Not what I expected. I had to fight my way thru some of those pics searching for names of talented artists that I am familiar with on this forum and elsewhere.
I was truly taken back.
That said, most of us share similar stories starting out with reborns.
Oh I’ll try my hand at that, can’t be that hard, possibly make money…
It’s what you do with that though afterwards. Either:
You realize, OMG this is beyond crazy hard, meticulously demanding, and expensive! Not what I expected but… I love it and I’m going to hang in there… I will try to make the best possible product I can- because what I produce is a reflection of myself and also those who share my values.
or
What the hell, I can make a few bucks off of this. I’ll give it a shot. What is the worse thing that could happen.
Well this. A flooded market of amateur reborns and copycats from China that look better than those amateurs’. What’s worse than ruining the market for those who have integrity and pride in their work? Nothing. It’s downright shameful.
Posts such as," I just finished my first reborn, how much should I ask?" make me want to scream. I see that too often and feel only a select few are truly gifted to ask that question. I apologize if my opinion upsets anyone. I never intend to belittle anyone’s true efforts; I applaud them. However, a line needs to be drawn to separate those who are genuine and the schemers. For that, I am at a loss for a solution.

14 Likes

I think Dave needs to approve the nursery’s that can sell on his site. … but he will never do that because each nursery is how he makes money. I went to Reborns yesterday and was as equally appalled.

6 Likes

It reminded me of the first time I saw reborn dolls on ebay. Yes, they totally freaked me out. Now it’s like, would you like a banana, onion, leg?

9 Likes

I agree! I have absolutely no issue with new artists selling their dolls. We all start somewhere.

But I’ll be honest, what surprises me more is how people respond to the posts. Every single time someone has posted a picture of a doll, I look at it, and would recommend that they sell it for $200 less that what the other members say. Is my pricing super off, or do people not want to sound mean or offend a new artist?

Edit to add: I definitely don’t think that my pricing is perfect or totally correct, I’m just surprised that I’m always so off from what everyone else says.

4 Likes