Realborn withdrawal

I have a friend who is pregnant the sister of Brian I told her about realborns but idk what she will choose to do. The doctors might induce her June 1st.

I honestly can’t keep up with all of the realborns. It feels like they released a zillion of them within the last year and a half. I ordered Dustin and Felicity and bought Pearl from a fellow forum member, but I couldn’t tell you the names of the other ones. I feel a little bad that we asked for different expressions now, because we’ve gotten some open mouthed kits and I am really not a fan of them.

2 Likes

So many of them are so similar that I don’t bother buying. I do not like the turned up lips on the new ones.

3 Likes

I’m with you on the lips! I don’t like those turned up lips AT ALL, never have, never will! The realborns are way down on the list of dolls I want to purchase, I know most of them are related but they just look too similar to be appealing anymore. This has NOTHING to do with the REAL babies, they are all Precious!! Sooner or later one will pop up that appeals to me and I’ll pull out the ol’ wallet and make a purchase! Until that time I’ll keep saving those dolly dollars.

5 Likes

I love Grumpy Sage too. I want her head for my personal heavy Cuddle Baby! I have to wait for a sale for that.

4 Likes

There may only be a few sibling groups, but they could still be half siblings or cousins etc. Family.

Some do have distinctive facial features… But with as many that have come out recently, I don’t think anyone can keep them all straight.

I love the realism of the Realborns, I think what’s lacking there is isn’t amount, it’s variety.

I would love some Realborn racial diversity.

3 Likes

Maybe I am the only one but I don’t think the Realborns look the same.

Very few look somewhat similar. But I see lots of very different faces. That’s not the problem. Also its not the problem that there were so many new releases the past year.

The problem is that many of them were reborned the same way - over and over again, by almost always the same prototype artists who all have the same “style”. No wonder people perceive them in such a way that they look “boring”. (not that the prototype artists aren’t great - they are! but maybe BB should consider hiring artists who have more different styles from each other)

I am amazed how some artists like LaDonna Briggs or Anna Sheva brings out a completely different personality even with the most bland looking kit.

Also some of you here on the forum have very unique styles.

I love the realborns and I hope BB will consider giving more artists a shot at reborning prototypes, to show more reborning styles and more variety.

10 Likes

I agree with you, they don’t all look the same to me either. They did come out so fast that I didn’t get a chance to get to know them all well enough to recognize them all the time. Not necessarily a problem.

3 Likes

Yes, I think if they chose different prototype artists, they would all be more unique. They look similar to me due to the way they are painted.
I don’t think this is just with BB though. A lot of sculptor’s babies look similar too.

5 Likes

Only if the new is quite different from the already out :wink: and NOT the new factory.

A lot of the limbs have the same shape now too. I dislike the really bent elbows… it reduces posablility.

2 Likes

Oh yes and plumper like Landon :heart: please!? He is such a good size

4 Likes

Grumpy Sage is a cute alternative in my creative mind. I can picture her. :heart:

2 Likes

Wow! June as a baby is huge! I can’t imagine a three yo!:anguished:

I never associated my bad memory with my traumatic childhood. I always assumed it was a shortcoming I had. You made me feel better with your comment. :heart::heart::heart:

To keep my comment reborn related: yes, all the kits are melding together in my mind. The only ones that stand out to me are the smiling ones and Ducklin(?)/Rosalie(?). It’s probably a good thing because I don’t have room for any more dolls!

4 Likes

I’m glad I was able to give you a new insight, this has been helpful for me. I also have a learning disability and I suspect this contributed to it. So very much I didn’t want to remember, I may have done too good of a job! I’m now a young in spirit 75 and teachers knew nothing about these issues “way back then”!

2 Likes

I agree with the smaller sizes. It’s hard to find clothes that are affordable and nice styles in the preemie sizes. Hey maybe @ttulsajess can help us out with some preemie outfits! I know I would buy some!

2 Likes

Darling we are talking about REALBORNS :wink:

I haven’t looked twice at realborns for the past year. Amazing how many were released. The one that did catch my eye was sleeping Tessa, had to get her-she has a different look. I have several kit doubles and I need to thin the herd. However, many of those kits are out of stock. Makes it hard to let go. I think too much of anything isnt good. It sounds be nice to have a broader variety of sculpted kits. By that i mean sweet human babies. No animal,alien, half breed, whatever. For the love of God, I can’t take those! :grin:

3 Likes

If you decide to sell Tessa let me know :wink:

In the past year?

Katie
Dustin
Nb Emmyx2
Felicityx2
Michael
Christopherx2
Everx2
kelsey
Daphne