Real or fake roux?

So I found this roux by cassie brace for only $60 and was wondering if he seems authentic! The lady says she bought it for her daughter 3 years ago and is not sure what’s happened to the coa but he looks pretty legit to me when looking at painting and body!! I might bite the bullet here, a sole for $60?!

2 Likes

Any writing on the neck?

Yes there is :slight_smile:

It says the name so I’m leaning towards legit, it is hard to see though you can see a bit

1 Like

I am betting it is legit…

2 Likes

Personally I would ask for a clearer pic

2 Likes

Well I got him and he is legit though this kid is a train wreck!! Painted poorly, bad rooting with bad mohair, smells very strongly of…illegal stuff to put it the best way- im hoping I can fix him up!

5 Likes

Can’t wait to see what you do with him.

2 Likes

Poor dirty guy

2 Likes

Yes he’s very dirty… its almost saddening to see a baby this dirty

Ive washed his hair and that helped with the smell a little. He has these weird brown spots on his head that didnt come off when washing, i think theyre from rooting needles

2 Likes

I have a question that somebody here may know the answer to. And the answer could benefit you greatly with regards to Roux’s rooting.

Can vinyl putty be used to fill the rooting holes and make the head smooth again? I have a sole that I bought stripped, with a few rooting holes on top of the head. I’m worried that the paint will pool in the holes.

@jlesser I think you have experience with putty. Is this possible?

@Riseandshinereborns congratulations on the fantastic deal. I am looking forward to seeing the new life that you breathe into this poor baby.

3 Likes

I have used it to fix cracks in a belly plate and a hole. But I have no clue if it can be rooted through…

2 Likes

Thats a good idea though Im not sure, Ive never used vinyl putty

Also this is new, salt to weigh limbs… Im not for sure if this is salt but Im not willing to try it and see for sure!

2 Likes

Maybe test it on an icy sidewalk? Lol

1 Like

See if it dissolves in hot water

2 Likes

Looks like polypellets to me. This was a child’s toy for three years, so it could have been worse…

2 Likes

Yes luckily its not salt, just awkwardly shaped glass. I started stripping him tonight though Ill have to wait because I am out of paint stripper.

10 Likes

Cuter already

3 Likes

OMG I’m shocked he stripped so well, can’t wait to see his transformation!

2 Likes

Can’t wait to see what you’re able to do with it. Please share when you’re finished.

2 Likes

He looks so much better already! So excited to watch this transformation!

2 Likes