Question about a vendor. UPDATED RESOLUTION

Has anyone heard from Truborns lately? I paid for a preorder a month ago, and the kit I ordered has been received by others that ordered this kit from other vendors, for several weeks now. I sent her an email, and hopefully will hear something soon.

1 Like

Hope you hear something soon…that is worrisome…

2 Likes

I have not had any contact with Truborns but truly hope your package arrives ASAP.

I do have a question, if you don’t mind:
When we place preorders for kits or anything else that is only to be delivered at future dates (customs, etc.) and the vendor does not send it when expected, do we still have recourse through Paypal or our credit card provider since it has been past 30 days? I’ve always meant to ask this question but kept forgetting. You reminded me, thanks!

1 Like

I know that you can open a case through PayPal, and I guess you would have to look into the specifics of your credit card provider to see what they cover.

I was thinking along the lines of the 30 days (in the case of a credit card or Paypal) are up. I know that my credit card only gives 30 days after statement date to make a claim.

But for Paypal, I know there was a clause somewhere about preordering. How long do they give you then?

Or, let’s say I want to order something from around the globe and shipping could take a couple months, and I’m warned ahead of time. Not because it’s a preorder, but because of location, border crossing, inefficient mail system, etc. Well, if my package doesn’t arrive within the 2 months, can I still open a claim with PP? Or will they say, sorry, too late?

Thank you, nimlet. I was being a bit lazy there by not going back and reading it. Sorry, ladies! :relaxed:

I got a brief email back from this vendor and all it said was “if you paid, it is being shipped”. I sent a copy of my PayPal receipt of payment and a copy of the tracking information page that shows that a tracking number was assigned, but nothing has been received for shipping. I will give it till Friday this week, cause if she did indeed ship it Priority, then it should be here by then. Keeping my fingers crossed.

1 Like

Well, this is Friday, and no kit or no emails from Truborn. I sent another email to her and hope that she has a definite response. The tracking number she provided still shows that nothing has been shipped. I hate having to open a case against someone.

2 Likes

Well, Truborn contacted me on Friday and stated that she would look into the matter after she got back to her office. I sent her, again, a copy of PayPal receipt and tracking information dated 9/24 that still shows that the post office did not receive the kit for mailing. I haven’t heard anything since. Oh well, maybe PayPal can help solve this problem.

1 Like

How frustrating. Yes, I’m sure they’ll get it straitened out quickly if you start the process in PayPal.

1 Like

I had to escalate to a claim against Truborn with PayPal. Not getting any satisfaction with trying to communicate with her. I really hate having to go this far. It makes me not want to trust small business enterprises anymore.

3 Likes

I’ve been trying to contact Truborn myself with little success. I guess they are a bit busy?

@Mika I have given them more than enough time make this right. I understand being busy, but when you have a business, you have some responsibility toward your customers to answer in a timely manner. I suspect something more is happening here.

5 Likes

Oh no, I completely agree with you on that one. Like I said, I have been trying to contact them as well. In regards to a kit, but I have heard nothing from them at all. This was three weeks ago. I do agree, it seems like something is up…especially when she will not reply to your messages.

1 Like

She was logged into the DF forum yesterday at 11:54. So, not having internet isn’t an excuse. :confused:

2 Likes

Maybe I am wrong but I thought Truborns was just a few artists, not a big company. Just the impression I got from their website. Sort of like Clymer Creations or winterwhimies. If that is the case, they can’t get so many emails, yours got lost. And as business people, they should be checking emails often or hire someone to do it for them. Every time I have tried to contact an artist or any other small company, I got a response in under 24 hrs. No excuse too that they couldn’t look it up right away on their computer. Not like they have boxes of files to search thru. Glad you have the recourse of opening a case but sorry you aren’t getting the kit. And now they are losing some of the rest of us as customers.

1 Like

Tru Borns is created by Bobbi Perez. From my understanding, she cosculpts with a couple of other artists to create kits. For example, she might sculpt the limbs and Toby Morgan will sculpt the head…or something like that. So, this isn’t a big business. No excuse for not responding. Message her through DF and see what happens. Her ID is Tru Borns Bobbi.

She is also on Facebook, not that I would remember to go there. I did try to Google a few things to see if there were other complaints or reviews. Only found the one last year in doll fan with same problem with no responses to emails. Nothing like a better business report though. Holden is a cute kit…assuming that is the one you àre after. What is their quality like?

I preordered the Cassia by Manning sculpt from her. I can’t contact her now since I opened a claim with PayPal. I contacted her through PayPal and she offered another kit or refund, but when I answered the message through PayPal, she never responded and hasn’t followed through, so I opened the case. PayPal said once the case is opened that I shouldn’t contact her.

1 Like

If you order a kit and pay in two payments (deposit and then balance), they will not refund you. If you pay for the kit in one payment (full payment with pre-order), then you can get money back through PayPal. Not sure why Paypal does it this way.

1 Like