Plasticil body?

I saw someone who was advertising a doll with the cloth body filled with Plasticil. How would you do this? Wouldn’t the Plasticil seep through the fabric when filling it?

2 Likes

I have no idea. I’ve heard of people filling head and limbs with it but never a cloth body. Plasticil is liquid. Maybe they made some kind of mold and put the molded form inside the cloth body.

1 Like

I’ve made plastosol butts cheeks to go in the cloth body whenever I use it in the head/limbs.
Plastisol is a liquid until its heated and cooled, then it becomes a solid.

1 Like

Wouldn’t you have to make some kind of mold, pour, heat and cool it to fill a cloth body with it?

2 Likes

Yes you would.

1 Like

I wish it was the artist selling it so I could ask. I almost wonder if they put sort of lining in the body then poured it in? I love the idea of Plasticil but worry about the long term. If the point is to make the vinyl more squishy, would that mean it is okay to squish and squeeze the vinyl? I worry that the movement could eventually cause damage to the paint or varnish, causing it to crack.

But I am a chronic worrier :sweat_smile:

If I remember correctly, it wasn’t a cloth body but a full vinyl body. Like the kits from Puppentraumland. They’re pretty soft vinyl.

The one I saw was a twin a with them normal 3/4 arm cloth body

Is it heavy when it dries? I for some reason picture it being a product like expandable foam:spray insulation “great stuff”. I would have loved something like that to fill Aloenkas limbs those ball jointed dolls have such small holes foe stuffing… I ended up leaving them mostly empty but the plastisol did ooo in my mind… I’ll have to play with some

1 Like

If you decide to play with it, just know that it has a very noxious smell. I bought a used microwave and have it in my carport specifically for pouring plastisol. You would never want to use one you use for food! Pouring it in the limbs and head is something you have to be very careful with as your putting a molten hot liquid into the limbs. If you spill any on the painted limbs, it will never, ever come off. Plasitsol is slightly heavier than glass beads, but it gives a wonderful squish to the baby that you can’t get from glass. @Emma has been using it for several years and could definitely give you way more insight than I can.

2 Likes

Sounds fun and dangerous! I would have to wonder if the hot liquid changes the shape at all or does it not get that hot? Might be a good use force my ugly kits I’ve collected :rofl:

3 Likes

I’ve never had any distortion, but you have to do it in at least 3-4 pours so you don’t get air bubbles. It’s definitely a process!

1 Like

So like silicone? This just gets more and more interesting!

My husband is always trying to find ways to make my reborning more exciting

1 Like

I don’t think it’s as sensitive as silicone, but I’ve gotten a big air pocket in a leg before and had to remove a bit of the plastisol and put more in.

2 Likes

Where do you buy it? I found some in amazing and it’s soooo confusing cause there are listings fir plastisol letters and paint :crazy_face:

1 Like

I get it on Ebay

1 Like

I use this one

1 Like

Ooooh what else. Oils you do with it!!! Hubby would be thrilled to make his own lures lol

1 Like

That would definitely be a selling point​:rofl::rofl:

1 Like

Curios whow did you know that pocket is there if it inside of the leg?

1 Like