Pet Peeve of the day

My pet peeve for today is, when a kit comes with the body and the body has zip ties that are giant heads!! I’m looking at you TruBorns, MacPherson’s, and Irresistibles
What are your pet peeves?

9 Likes

Um yeah that pretty much sums it up for me too! lol. I always like to tuck the head of the cable tie into the body and you just can’t with the big ol’ dinosaur sized cable tie heads.

2 Likes

I buy a pack of 100 small headed ones and replace them all. (some day I should buy a bulk box)

Then use the big ones for crafts or things around the house… even on my display one year at ROSE. lol

7 Likes

I just always replace them with the small ones.

4 Likes

me, too

my pet peeve for doll kits is giant hands. maybe it’s my own perception or because i’m not that great a painter, but for some reason big hands on newborn baby kits irks me. i see it on videos of other kits too and in silicone as well, so maybe it’s just me???

and tiny ears. lol.

1 Like

I have a list:

-Deep, deep creases
-Kits that were not well sanded and cleaned up before the molds were made.
-Odd proportions like heads that are bit too small, the top of the head to flat, tiny limbs…
-Teddy bear bodies
-3/4 kits
-When a kit is too small to be a 19 but too big for the 17 in body.
-A super awesome kit with dolly ears. I know ears are hard to sculpt but I hate saying no-thanks to a kit I really like because it has baby alive ears.
-Giant foreheads and deep set eyes.
-When the eye pockets don’t have room to move the eyes in the direction you want them, or when the eye pockets are too roomy and you have to use a massive amount of glue and pray to the reborn gods the eyes don’t shift before they dry.
-When I don’t have rings that fit a flange, I don’t like modge-podging, they can get sticky late on down the road.
-When I have spend hours and hours on a baby and see every darn tiny little thing that isn’t “right” that may bother just me and no one else but I know it’s there.
-Glass beads everywhere in my life.
-Painting the same sculpt more than 3 times.
-Feeling like a dolly sweat shop, I have to take breaks or I start to feel gross.
-Genesis being gone.
-costuming a baby, going to your stash of clothes (always too many and too much guilt owning them) and not finding anything that is right for that baby.
-Finding a stray eyelash after photography!
-Once in a while getting that weird spot that won’t take paint

8 Likes

I agree about the zip ties. If you are going to send the body with those gigantic things then don’t bother adding them at all.

4 Likes

I always change them out. They are good for “trying a body on” just to see how it looks on a particular sculpt and then removing them. This does not feel so wasteful. I too save them for other things though. They are not only big but they are cheap heads that do not have metal locks in them so they do not hold up as well over time.

5 Likes

ALL that what Gabriell said ! :point_up_2: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

And cleaning eyes after glue from the rooted lashes gets on them - glass and plastic ones are easy to clean, but to clean the polygalas is a nightmare for me - they always get so cloudy.

4 Likes

We have the same brain!

1 Like

I didn’t have one today until I looked at the reborns . com forum and noticed people complaining about others naming their dolls something other than the kit name :joy:

3 Likes

I’ve been following that thread on reborns. I can’t even believe the topic was brought up. Who cares what someone names their doll. That thread is starting to get nasty.

3 Likes

I am not a paid member currently so I havent seen it. But if it is too awful I bet you can let Dave know. etc

1 Like

I just get annoyed when a comment is turned around, like when I told one lady she was being rude and her comment sounded snooty. She got mad and acts like she was shut down…yet her comments are there. and the OP jumps on like I’ve cursed this woman out or something. They’re reaching by saying renaming your doll kit called “bob” into “Jim” is a a red flag and makes it sound like a knock of us just dumb. I wish I hadn’t commented, but the made up rules coming out in this hobby are getting absolutely DUMB! Lol

4 Likes

Maybe I’m wrong? Lol

1 Like

I rename if I painted it more than once or if the name is the opposite sex.

Like Alexa into Alex, etc. I try to stay close to the original kit name.

BUT my first line in my description is _____ made with the _____ kit, sculpted by ______________.

3 Likes

That’s what I do too.

1 Like

Maybe it’s a full moon??? LOL :wink: :upside_down_face:

I think they should find something more important to put their energy into

2 Likes

Your comment was fine. And yeah, I couldn’t help but laugh when they said changing the name is like posting a fake. Oh, and also changing the name is insulting the sculptor.

2 Likes