Paint One Of Your Favorite Kits CHALLENGE:)

Wonderful, can’t wait to see your version of April

2 Likes

I will have to have a look in my stash. I dont think I have any really special kits. I dont even have a Tanner which is my favourite BB kit. I will have to find something.

2 Likes

I’m in!!! I bought 2 kits from 2 of my favorite sculptors!!! As soon as they arrive I will choose between Lelou by Evelina Wosnjuk or Xavi by Adrie Stoete. They are both keepers for me as I have none of my own. :heart_eyes:

6 Likes

I agree with you, we should definitely post WIP’s! :grinning:

You can definitely still participate without meeting the deadline! It’s totally fine if you don’t, but I hope the deadline doesn’t stop people from participating. :two_hearts:

1 Like

I’m so sorry to hear you have been ill. :cry: I can relate a bit as my chronic illness flared up really bad all of last year, I’m better than I was but still not where I used to be. I hated being too sick to reborn. I really hope you get better soon! :heartbeat:

2 Likes

I love your Serenity, you did a beautiful job on her!

Absolutely you should participate! I think it would be great for everyone to participate, even if they already started reborning their dream kit:) I can’t wait to see your Liam done!

I am so excited and happy that so many people are participating! This is going to be so much fun! I love the kit choices people are thinking about/have chosen! Thanks so much ladies, this is just the motivation I needed to paint my Lil Monkey!

3 Likes

I reborned Xavi several years ago. If I remember correctly, he is a portrait of Adrie’s grandson. He is a larger newborn, too.:heart:

2 Likes

I have a Presley asleep that I’ve been putting off for a long time. Maybe it’s time for him to make his way to my painting table.

5 Likes

@cajuncuties that’s so cool! I had no idea. I just adore Adrie’s faces. I’d love to see yours!

2 Likes

Thank you. I was sweating the whole time. Lol

1 Like

Count me in @Babies !! I will look through my keeper tub and pick me one out!!

3 Likes

Thank you. I am better but will probably never be myself again. Autoimmune disorders are tough and takes awhile to get the diagnosis straight and to get stable on treatment not to mention the fatigue.

1 Like

Had to go back to 2014:

14 Likes

I definitely understand that! It took awhile to get my diagnosis of CFS/ME, and then over time a bunch of other, smaller diagnoses on top of that. The latest is POTS, which has been so helpful to know because there are things I am now doing that are helping me to do better than I was. I hate the constant fatigue. I hate the word fatigue. People hear it an assume they know what it’s like because they are tired too. Chronic illness fatigue is so much different though. It’s aches and pains, and a body so weak and tired you feel like you have the flu 24/7 and sleep just doesn’t help. I’m in the same boat as you as far as probably not being my old self again since there is no cure for what I have, just a hope that I can find something on my own that might one day cure me. Anyway, feel free to send me a PM if you ever need someone to talk to about this stuff. :heartbeat:

6 Likes

He is so adorable!!! I love your work!

1 Like

Oh jeez I’m with @anon76366621 Liz. I still feel too ‘new’ of an artist to paint one of my favorite kits. I bought Jennie awake and asleep to do as twins after seeing @Reborndaddyog Jennie and kits to do as portraits of my kids Kase awake, Emma & Reese. I started Reese thinking I was ready and so disappointed in my progress so far :frowning: . Only because it’s so important for him to be as I envision him not who he wants to be if you KWIM. But I’m game to paint my Jennie’s

4 Likes

Oh my :heart:!!! I love him. You did him so sweet…

1 Like