Other brands of heat set paints UPDATES will be posted here

I just today put in an order of BC Heat set paints primary colors and their Satin Matte varnish as well as an order of the IRHSP starter set with primer, varnish and 10 colors. I will eventually be doing live testing on these paints but it may take me a couple weeks to get to that as I have to wrap up what I am currently working on for the DOTW show. I do NOT need any more heat set paints right now but I have gotten so many messages from my followers wanting to know what I think about where to go from Genesis. Not that I am the expert but I will definitely be trying things out as I can afford to. Watch my FB page for more info and I will keep you all posted!

11 Likes

Thank you Angie for your dedication to finding great products!

2 Likes

Please update here as well for those of us not on FB. I’d love to hear your thoughts.

1 Like

I will. I am trying to decide it if would be better to just make my own private videos and then upload them to Youtube. Reason being that even though it won’t be actual live demo I will be able to heat set the paints and then show the results without anyone having to wait. Still pondering it all.

6 Likes

I am excited to see the results…it would be fantastic if they are on par with genesis old formula!!!

2 Likes

I’ve been using the IRHSP mediums and i really like them. They’re very matte - even the thinning medium. I have not tried the paints yet as i have a bit of ghsp to use up first. I’m very interested in your take of a comparison.

2 Likes

BC Heat Set Paints came in this week. Testing will begin later. There are 5 primary colors here and semi Matt varnish. Of note, no instructions came with these paints. I guess you have to go to the website to figure it out.

I have posted a short video on my FB page. I have put it on my google files so I can post a link here for those of you who are not on FB. I am not ready to post my thoughts on Youtube yet so trying that first.

I will try to keep my updates on this thread so you all know where to look.

5 Likes

IRHSP

3 Likes

Xodus mediums and Genesis visual comparisons

3 Likes

Thank you, Angie, great info! I appreciate you doing all this testing so we can see! Looks like Xodus will be the way to go for me, comparable to Genesis, I was especially interested in the varnish and thinning medium. I’m anxious to try it now!

1 Like

I will try to pull together some demonstrations as soon as I can. I am still in the throws of trying to finish up all my stuff for DOTW Expo.

2 Likes

Same here, Karen. Xodus looks like the way to go. I like that the matte is more matte than Genesis was.

1 Like

It is more matte than the new formula of Genesis. Will try to get some photo samples together soon.

1 Like

Stay tuned here I plan to do some live heat set product testing today. It my be on YouTube so look for more info to follow …

1 Like

Here is the edited version of Part 1 of my heat set paint products testing today.

2 Likes

Here is PART 2 of my heat set paints and products today.

2 Likes

Follow up video to the heat set paint products testing.

1 Like

1 Like

I would just love your final recommendation… (before I run out of Genesis mediums next year)…

1 Like

In this test swatch I mixed New formula Genesis thinning medium in the BC Paints on right and IRHSP paints on left. I painted the vinyl and heat set it. The BC Paints side is noticeably more rich in color. After this I tried adding some of my citrus thinner to the mix to see if they would further thin down and both went gummy/gritty. Not sure if the new Genesis or these paints are not compatible to my thinner…maybe both.

2 Likes