New toy for the babies!

So excited!!! Got home from work and my Nu Wave oven arrived. Anxious to try it. Any tips would be greatly appreciated. I just don’t want to burn my parts. :smile:

I received my new oven the other day, its a Fagor but was much larger than the Nuwave same concept anyway and was cheaper so I splurged, still afraid to use it, I don’t want to melt anyone :frowning: So I’ll be watching for tips too!

1 Like

make sure u use the extender i love mine best baker yet

1 Like

@twolipsanddande I went ahead and got the NuWave Pro. Actually its pretty big. I was really surprised and didn’t expect it to be that large. I hear the Fagors are really good too. So now here we sit both afraid to use them. Now thats funny!!! LOL :slight_smile:

I love mine :slight_smile:

1 Like

@fallnangelmama I got the one with the extender. A couple others said to buy one with it. So is that to keep the part further away from the infrared at the top?

Deb, I was thinking the same thing! LOL it’s sitting on my table, pretty glass baking pot gorgeous red top and holder, just sitting that is all its doing, haven’t even plugged her up yet, smh… maybe I’ll pull out at test leg this weekend and start from there :slight_smile: Tips please anyone?

1 Like

I have an extender as well :smile:

1 Like

LOL!!! Mines just sitting there looking at me as well HA HA !!!

1 Like

yes it keep the coils away.also after bake just remove top and allow to cool in the base for alittle bit i had a baby crack once my picking it up while to hot

2 Likes

@fallnangelmama Oh my, thanks for the heads up. That would be awful after all that work. I would have surely pulled it out right away.

i use mine at power level 7 for 7 minutes

2 Likes

@fallnangelmama I was wondering exactly which to use. Do you preheat?

1 Like

mine has temp settings from 250 to 480, what do you suggest?

1 Like

@twolipsanddande Make sure you use a small towel at the bottom to lay parts on for sure. I was told that when thinking of buying one.

1 Like

Thank you! I will for sure! I think I’ll find a pretty one since I’ll be looking directly at it!

1 Like

LOL!!! Thats a good idea~ :slight_smile:

1 Like

I have the Fagor with the extender ring. I have a hand towel in the bottom of it. I’ve never had a problem with mine. I bake at 270 for 8 or 9 minutes. I am only using air dry paints now but I do still sometimes use heat set varnish as a prep and to seal after painting (even though I don’t have to).

2 Likes

Thank you for that info :slight_smile: I’ll set mine at the same setting, I’m too excited to start anything with it tonight :blush:

1 Like

Test the oven with an oven thermometer. My NuWave in Oklahoma is at PL7 for 8 minutes. I do NOT preheat and it takes about 6-7 minutes to reach 265. It doesn’t NOT need to be at 265 for 8 minutes, just needs to get to 265 for a minute or two. After you have cooled, the paint should not be removable with a Q-tip dipped in thinner.

3 Likes