My special request

I posted this on Instagram, but I would also like to share here. Luckily, size 4 diapers are slightly easier to find, but I am noticing a real shortage of tiny sized diapers in the stores.

And yes, people could switch to cloth if they needed to, but this is a hard time to put the financial strain of buying new cloth diapers and supplies all into one short period of time.

16 Likes

I posted something similar on my Facebook nursery about a week ago I think. This what I posted…

13 Likes

I know it’s just a small bunch of us, but 1 pack of diapers left in a size 4 made all the difference to me the other day, and I can’t imagine having a small baby and not being able to get what I needed.

1 Like

My neighbor has 4 month old twins.

I’m sure it is stressful, and especially to the sensitive babies who can only do a certain brand. My 2 year old takes one serving of formula a day for vitamins and because she won’t hardly drink water and she expects it at night. We have been able to keep about two weeks worth of the single tubes by hunting and picking. I don’t want to buy the giant can because I don’t want to take it away from little babies. We could do without if we had to.

3 Likes

Absolutely! I’ve actually donated all my diapers to a family in need after seeing our local store bare of the size they needed they live up the street from me and we see each other frequently. I was just not about to sit back knowing good and well in all reality I didn’t need the diapers for the dolls I have…

3 Likes

Of Course. I have only ever purchased about 3 different sizes diapers. I don’t change them until they are too “shop worn” to work well. But, you have a wonderful idea. We do need to remember REAL babies who need them. Good idea!

4 Likes

I barely visit the stores now, but this is something I hadn’t considered! Luckily I don’t really sell right now and have all my keepers in cloth diapers. I only put them in disposable diapers when I sell them.

3 Likes

I will share on my page!
Granted I haven’t bought any new diapers in months, it’s great to remember this as we don’t “need” them as those with real babies do!

2 Likes

My daughter has a 3 month old, I get the honest company bundles for her and her husbands uncle, a retired Firefighter Paramedic goes to Sams Club and buys her big packs of diapers and he brought them a big pack of TP as well…hes a great guy :slight_smile: .
Fortunately she just got my older grandsons out of their pullups…my oldest grandson has Autism and is non verbal but the school has helped get him potty trained.

I have a supply of diapers for my babies and right now they arent going anywhere anyway so I certainly dont need diapers :wink:
I hope people respond and are not out buying baby supplies for their reborns right now. For me, I feel its not a good time to sell. I sent my last custom home because she has been waiting so long and he is taking a long time just to get to Belgium so aside from the risk of contamination, taking space for things that NEED to be shipped, the shipping restrictions that are already in place selling is just wrong and impossible right now. Ill have a large stock of babies to sell once this is over :wink:

2 Likes

I have not left my home in almost 2 weeks but I agree wholeheartedly! If I do hear of anyone in need I will donate mine as well. Thank you for the reminder for us who don’t have those needs right now, it can slip our minds.

3 Likes

This is a great idea and hopefully the whole doll community gets in on it. I made an announcement on my nursery page last week that I would only be sending one diaper home with baby until this mess is over. I’m running short already and I noticed the stores in my area didnt have much. People in my page didnt mind. I’m thankful I didnt run into any meanies about it.

4 Likes

My nephew and his wife are military and are right now stationed in Georgia. They have 2 babies, could not find any formula or diapers close around where they are. My sister had to go to several stores here to find anything to send them.We are in N.C.

1 Like

And I’ve heard that some first responders are using them in the place of masks :cry: due to not having masks

I heard that too. That’s a scary thought, but they have to work better than a bandana!

1 Like

I saw a what I think was meant to be a silly video of a woman using a diaper as a mask by cutting a hole and slipping it over her head and then Velcro ing the sides by her ears to cover her mouth and nose. But it just may work and be why they are disappearing off the shelves

3 Likes

I saw it too! It looked pretty thrifty to me. Obviously not as good as PPE but those diapers are dense. If the diaper companies would come up with something proper to manufacture, I think they would excel at it.

3 Likes

Our dollar general has had plenty of diapers of all sizes every time I go in. But they have no wipes or formula. This was a couple of days ago…every time I go in there are at least this many packs on the shelves.

I personally have several packs of preemie, newborn, and size 1 diapers. I’m thankful to have them. My granddaughter will be born in May and there might not be any diapers on the shelves by then. The town her parents live in is already out of diapers. So I’ll probably start buying a pack every time I go to DG, just in case. We also talked about buying some cloth diapers in case we need them.

4 Likes

Our Target had plenty of diapers. I need size 6 for my granddaughter because of course I ran out. They had no wipes but I have a stash from way before all of this. I ran out one time so I buy more now. I have a stash of diapers for my babies I sell so I won’t need any for a very long time.

1 Like

Y’all sparked me to act. I just now went to eBay and found 8 cloth diapers with inserts. That will be enough in case of emergency. Plus, my daughter was just given a massive box of pull-ups for my 2 year old grandson. He only needs them at night, and actually only wets at night a couple of times a week at most. So they can reuse the same ones for him. He won’t ever need that whole box of pull-ups. So they can cut them up to make disposable liners to go inside the cloth diapers for the baby if they need to.

4 Likes