My special request

Great idea! We are going to potty train if it comes down to it. Ours is newly 2. We prefer to wait until they are ready (last one was 2.5) but we could push the issue if we had to.

1 Like

Cloth diapers are nearly impossible to find here any time. People are so used to disposable everything. They’ve forgotten wipes aren’t a necessity. A washcloth and warm water work just as well and are re-usable.

4 Likes

This may be more than anyone cares to know, but here’s my childhood experience with cloth diapers. We were somewhat neglected kids. There are 4 of us. My sister, then 11 months later I was born, then 12 months later my brother, and 2 years later my other brother. So I was 3 years and 3 months when my youngest brother was born. One of my early memories is from when he was about 7-8 months old. I would have been an older 3 year old and my sister an older 4 year old. We were home alone. I was sitting in doorway of the bathroom, holding the baby down, blocking him from getting out the door, while my sister was trying to wrestle him down and get a cloth diaper on him. Meanwhile the 2 year old brother was putting a ton of toilet paper in the toilet, clogging it up. The baby had little scars all over his belly from where we would accidentally stab him with the diaper pins. I also remember getting in trouble for leaving a poopy washrag in the sink once. Good Lord! If I could handle those 70s style cloth diapers as a 3 year old, these new style diapers should be a piece of cake. :rofl:
This is a picture of us from that type frame. Look at those little baby girls already knowing how to be little mommas. :scream:

9 Likes

How cute you all were. I can’t even begin to fathom leaving four small children alone. You must have had angels sitting on your shoulders.

3 Likes

You all look so fun, it’s amazing how children just roll with what they are given, feel it is perfectly normal and still enjoy their little lives. Beautiful photo!

4 Likes