My first negative review. šŸ˜°

thank you, I try my best.

thank you:)

What a sad story. So sorry you had to go through this. I hope you find the will to paint again someday.

Itā€™s sad when people leave negative comments for an artist and certainly has a devastating effect on the ego. My advice, Donā€™t do Custom Dolls. Instead just enjoy your hobby, paint the way you like and put your baby up for sale. If someone likes it, it will sell, and since they picked it out of a line up of reborn dolls they must surely love it. I think often times things that go wrong are people new to the hobby and see big bucks flying around and think they too will get in on it. Please everyone------donā€™t sell your dolls until you are truly up to the level you need to be with your experience, this keeps the industry healthy and the costs up. I donā€™t mean you canā€™t sell, just be sure to point out any flaws and let people know you are a new reborner and donā€™t expect to get the kind of money that ā€œfamousā€ long time artists are getting. Donā€™t give up on yourself, keep up the hard work, and one day you too will be garnering ā€œbig bucksā€!!

6 Likes

Sara- as someone who can attest to your workā€¦you are AMAZING!!! The doll that you have redone for us is the most precious baby! You are wonderful at what you do and a true artist! My daughter is in love with her baby and itā€™s all because of you! Donā€™t let anyone ever make you question your abilities! Youā€™re AMAZING!

Look at this beauty!!!

7 Likes

Thank you so much!!! Iā€™m so happy that you loved her so much. You know what. You can actually leave a review on my shop if you would be so kind. Just go to etsy and click on purchases and reviews.
If you donā€™t want to that is ok too. :smile::heartpulse:

1 Like

I agree. Although i have been making them for over 10 years. This isnt a case of inexperience. This is a case of a person who canā€™t be pleased

3 Likes

With pleasure!:heartpulse:

1 Like

Sara, Please donā€™t think I was directing this at you as being an inexperienced artist. I hope it didnā€™t sound that way. I was just saying that that is what is going on in the reborn world today and it does cause problems for some. Your babies are beautiful and Iā€™m so sorry this person caused you so much anxiety, try to ignore it and move on with your love for your hobby. Unfortunately there is always going to be those people out there that just want to give us grief. Keep up your good work girl!!

4 Likes

Can you tell me who it is because I have a real problem person right now?
I am so sorry this happened to you. I know how you feel. I am just waiting on a negative review myself. It hurts.

1 Like

Her first name is Ashley.

I would move on and not let it get to you. If you love painting then never let anything or anyone stop you. I think it is expected that people and businesses will get negative reviews sometimes, and itā€™s very easy to take something like this to heart because it is a handmade product. We put our feelings and time into what we are making and it hurts when someone doesnā€™t like it.

As far as customs go I greatly appreciate artists who still offer them. I think itā€™s best to only do them for repeat customers, or people whom you trust.

Keep reborning and doing what you enjoy :heart:

2 Likes

@pattyabe Iā€™m sorry to hear that- I hope the outcome is not what you are expecting. Itā€™s always dreadful waiting on something and not knowing. Emily Dickinson said it best,

ā€œ ā€˜T is harder knowing it is due,
Than knowing it is here.ā€

1 Like

Thatā€™s just it.
I allowed a payment plan on the doll.
Under charged her. (She paid 440$ for it. That includes shipping)
I answered. DOZENS of emails. Took hundreds of pictures. I even worked through the weekend to get it done because she was being impatient. I donā€™t ever work on the weekends.
I listened and tried to understand her sob story about her health conditions.

There is nothing else I could have done to please her

1 Like

Thank you! I paint here and there but I have no free time. Iā€™m lucky if I can even shower these days. Itā€™s sort of on track except babyā€™s daddy bailed and stopped paying any money at all. Heā€™s engaged to someone he met two months ago so thereā€™s that. I just sit back and laugh!

1 Like

I smile at your comment about how you sit back and laugh at the situation with the babyā€™s father. I know someone (a man) who was married for 20 years to the best wife he could hope for. They had beautiful daughters, etc. But, he had a problem ā€“ he couldnā€™t keep his pants on. OK. So, that sweet wife of his finally had enough and asked for a divorce. He ended up marrying the woman he was with at the time his wife asked for a divorce. Now, I know that if she had not asked for a divorce, but had went on being walked on, he would have not married anyone else. BUT, knowing this person (the man) like I do, I have no doubt that this new wife WILL suffer the same things as the first wife. So, I almost want to sit back and laugh, but it is so pathetic, and I just donā€™t always know what to think about itā€¦ Hope this wasnā€™t too long. I just wanted to share it with you. I know it doesnā€™t change your situation at all, but hopefully you can think about some other poor woman who left a LOT to marry this womanizer.

2 Likes

Yeah. I know someone too. Wonder if this is contagiousā€¦ :rofl: Anyway, the wife tried to get him help, but he didnā€™t want it. He carried on like a single man. Wife finally gave up, put him out of the house and let the mistress have him. She grieved the loss, but picked herself up and got on with life.

Fast forward some years. The man is still with his mistressā€¦ and half of the rest of the town. Mistress has caught him cheating multiple times now. Guess she didnā€™t realize that when she moved into the leading lady role, she left that side chick position wide open.

5 Likes

Yes, it is a pattern. It is the way it goes. This lady I know has moved on, married a wonderful man that I donā€™t believe would ever hurt her intentionally. So, yep, the one you mention did leave that side one open. The only way they are still together at all is that she is willing to be walked on. I guess if we pay close attention to these folks we would have all the soap operas we could handle. LOL

2 Likes