My first negative review. 😰

Hi ladies

If you remember my customer who told me she had mental health conditions and such? I sent her doll to her before the holidays and she left me a negative review

I responded. But I am so hurt and heartbroken. I take a lot of pride in my dolls. So this is painful for me.

My response

Maybe I shouldn’t have responded. This is the baby in question

11 Likes

Sweetie that doll is beautiful!!! Do not let her take the joy of painting dolls away from you. She is just being a butt. NOTHING wrong with this doll at all! Can you please tell me what kit this is? wrong timing to ask since that is not what this post is about but my mother was here with me and busted out in tears saying how much this kit looked like me as a tot.

6 Likes

Hi

Thanks. This is Madeline by Petra Seffert.

You can get her here.

1 Like

I’d be hurt, too…but my hubby would say to let it go! It’s difficult, but know that you did nothing wrong with that baby! She’s beautiful!

4 Likes

Sadly I can’t remove it. I think I can respond to it but not on the Etsy app. I would need to sign into my laptop

1 Like

That is a problem on etsy. They use to have a place to respond to reviews but stopped it years ago. I have had some real winners over the years and cried and fretted over some. If you know you did a fair and the best job just let it go. It is hard to do but you cannot please some people. I have had people complain smelled of smoke from my smoke free, pet free stand alone studio,so your baby looks wonderful and it would make anyone else very happy so don’t let one bad review take you down. :footprints::baby:

6 Likes

Thats odd. When I google how to respond it says I can. But I can’t?

I would have her send the doll back and resell it for what it’s worth. Then I would block her.

3 Likes

Haha. If I had 450$ to do it I would. But all that money went into supplies. 135$ for the sculpt. A full ounce of Slumberland hair. I don’t have it to send back.

It’s a shame people like this cause so much anxiety and negative emotions. :slightly_frowning_face:

3 Likes

You can please some people. They want perfect for free.

1 Like

Don’t let it bother you. There will always be customers that you cant please. I just chalk it down to beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I’ve had some beautiful dolls that people have damaged just to try to get refunded.
I believe I know who your customer may be. If its same one…sold her 4 dolls, super demanding and rushes you? If so, several artists have dealt with her, same thing.

1 Like

Super incredibly demanding and overbearing from the minute the order is placed.

Sara…don’t do this to yourself anymore…if someone is like that from the get go, run lol. I’ve been hurt once before too. There was no pleasing her but I wasn’t going to take a return. I was so afraid she was going to open a Paypal claim but didn’t I encouraged her to resell or trade, so she did…whew. I’m highly allergic to smoking and other things and afraid of bugs lol so I won’t take any baby back. I’m so sorry this happened to you.

2 Likes

Thanks ladies. I just was so hurt by this. I take so much care doing hair on my dolls with a 42 g forked needle. I use a magnifying head lamp so I can see if there are any plugs. I also do nail tips and eyelashes under the magnifier.
It hurt that she called my rooting atrocious.

3 Likes

5 Likes

Your baby is beautiful and perfect! It sounds like this person wasn’t happy from the start and that’s her problem!

1 Like

This is why I never use the money until I know the customer is satisfied. There’s not a thing wrong with this baby and your rooting is so far from atrocious that that statement is laughable. Try not to let her take away your joy in reborning. She’s only one person. How many happy, satisfied customers have you had? Focus on those and move forward.

4 Likes

How does that work with customs. They pay for the supplies. That means I have to use the money to purchase them.

I have them buy the kit and have it shipped to me. (You could tell them what body to get and have them send that, too.)Then I charge a non refundable deposit to cover the other supplies. I have most of the other supplies-paint, eyes, some hair and I can make my own bodies. Mostly I buy them, though, but I only buy the realborn bodies from BB. I don’t like the others. For customs the price is not negotiable. Period.

2 Likes