My first negative review. šŸ˜°

Interesting.

Iā€™m quitting customs anyway. After this. Iā€™m just done. Iā€™m making dolls my own way.

4 Likes

I do make customs my own way. They choose kit, skin tone, hair color and eye color. Everything else is my decision. I donā€™t send WIP pictures because many people donā€™t understand the process for getting to the finished product. When itā€™s done, I send them a picture. So far, this has worked for me.

4 Likes

That woman is crazy.That is a beautiful toddler baby.

2 Likes

Yes itā€™s Very personal because we really put our hearts and hard work in them. This will pass. You just keep doing what youā€™re doing!! We will run into someone once in a while that are hard to please. Itā€™s the nature of the beast.

1 Like

Seems like a lot of people figure out real quick NOT to do Customs!! It takes the joy out of reborning!!

3 Likes

Sorry she made this whole transaction a miserable mess for you.
Your babies are beautiful and thereā€™s always a market for well-done reborns. You donā€™t need to put yourself through the hassle of doing customs. Make the babies your way and enjoy the process and then list them to sell. You wonā€™t have a problem finding a buyer and people like this wonā€™t be able to take the pleasure away from something you love to do!

2 Likes

Thatā€™s my plan. :heartpulse::heartpulse: thank you

I think u did great job

1 Like

Sheā€™s cute and her hair looks very nice.

1 Like

Oh my goodness! Your nails are so perfect and natural! I love that look.

3 Likes

Iā€™m so sorry she did that, I know it hurts to have someone say negative things about your work especially when they are not justified. Just know that your doll is great and her hair is perfect and most importantly that lady is an idiot.

2 Likes

Sheā€™s Beautiful! You are a very good artist. :grinning: Listen to your friends on this forum, they know what they are talking about.

1 Like

thatā€™s why I suggested refunding her and blocking herā€¦ there is no pleasing some people. I am a custom toddler artist for many years and love my custom buyers. that woman was a mess from the beginning, JMO

4 Likes

So she never responded when I messaged her. But i was able to leave a response to the review so Iā€™m moving on. At least people can see my side.

3 Likes

I did a custom once. I told myself I would never do one but I caved. When I asked the buyer if she was satisfied she said yes, she liked the doll and it was sitting next to her on her desk. Then a few weeks later I was told that she had sent the doll to her friend for repair and this friend told her that it was the worst reborn paint job she had ever seen and was not worth fixing. My buyer told her to ā€˜throw it in the garbageā€™. Upon hearing this I immediately sent her a full refund including the shipping. I was devastated and ready to just give up reborning altogether. I lost all of my self confidence and had no desire to paint another doll again. I was not new at this. I had been doing it for 6 years at that time. About a year or so later I saw a post on facebook with a picture of my doll. Someone was trying to find out who had reborned her. After some research I discovered that my doll had been sold and resold mulitple times and ended up in the Philippines. Turns out my buyer had told the lady she sent it to for repair to go ahead and sell it because she had fell on hard times and needed the money. I got this information from this ā€˜repair ladyā€™ herself. She told me that she had no idea who had made this doll and was told only that a ā€˜lady in Canadaā€™ had made it. She told me that some of the paint had rubbed off the nail tips so she fixed it and then sold her. I was relieved to know that my Perla did not end up in the garbage but sorry that I had allowed myself to get so upset over my buyers remarks to the point that I felt my work was ā€˜garbageā€™. We as artists put our hearts and souls into these dolls. Your doll is lovely and your buyer is unappreciative. Please donā€™t let her words hurt you. We canā€™t please everyone all of the time.

13 Likes

If this is the doll in question, sheā€™s not even close to ā€˜garbageā€™. Sheā€™s beautiful.

6 Likes

She is gorgeous. :heartpulse:

2 Likes

I had a customer request a custom last year. She approved of all the progress photos but as soon as I finished the doll, she decided she didnā€™t like it. She said it was not good work and I knew it. She demanded a refund and called etsy. They sided with her despite my no refund policy. This all took place when i was 6 months pregnsnt snd my babys father had broken uo with me, kicked me out snd then i fell down my stairs while movimg and wrnt into pretern labor. I told her what happened so she could understand the delay in finishing the doll but she did not care. She was very selfish. It shook me for months. I havenā€™t painted since.

7 Likes

I remember that. You make gorgeous dolls. Donā€™t let someone like that get you down. ((((Hugs))))

3 Likes

Please still paint. You make beautiful dolls. Just maybe not do customs. :slight_smile: I trust your life is getting on a better track.

3 Likes