More unsure on Kimber

Is it normal to feel less sure of how well your faces are done as you go along?.
I seem to be questioning myself every step of the way now (6th baby) and wipe off put on 20 times.Im doing Kimber an open eye baby They see a lot harder to make look real .
Any suggestions on improvement?Going to root eyebrows eventually IDK…shes just not there yet.
LOVE to see your Kimber if youve created one.

4 Likes

I don’t have Kimberly but I think yours is looking good. I know what you mean about it being harder to make the open eyed ones look real. I think it’s because awake babies blink and move constantly and the reborns don’t. I like the open eyed ones, especially if they have a cute expression, but I definitely favor the sleeping babies unless they’re toddlers.

1 Like

I love those eyes! I think they make her look so much less dolly.

1 Like

Thanks Izzy…I love the eyes especially on her prototype but dont think i can get that look.
Prototypes left eye seems to be wiider open than on mine. I went up to 22mm which im sure they used on theirs…which helped a litte but still not there.Oh well.

I’ve reborned Kimber a couple of times, she reminds me so much of Crystal, but for some reason I like Crystal better and I think it’s the mouth. I like Crystal’s mouth better. Anyway, here’s mine:

9 Likes

I reborned Kimber as well, she was dolly but cute. I donated her to a toy drive at my school, she went to her new mommy on Christmas morning

4 Likes

That was so sweet of you!!! :heart:️:heart:️

4 Likes

I have only done her once back in 2014 but here is mine…

9 Likes

I like the positioning you have done with the eyes.

They all are so cute!!! but to me eye and faces dont look like mine
I do see the mouth in some pics.are mine .All your Eyes are cuter.Maybe lashes? Did you all use 22mm eyes or bigger?.
.Mine barely fit in the eye area… ready to pop out

Westernstarr yours is about what id like mine to look like but im missing the mark cant figure why…Those eyes i have in are very dark blue. not brown sort of look brown

Hummn…ill have to look at crystal.

Thank you for that- very kind of you to say…She is a hard one cause she is sort of ‘dolly’ to start with…I think yours is looking great to be honest…I like the way you have done the eyes…gives her a very cute look… I do see what you say about the face shape…it may be the angle you have taken the picture but yours seems rounder in the cheeks and less squarish, which I like better…Wondering of BB has done a ‘tweak’ on that kit like they have done on others…I got a Lainey recently and it looks so different from the ones I did a while back when the kit first came out…

I like you little one…she has a very cheeky look about her which makes her very adorable…

3 Likes

Wow - I absolutely LOVE every baby you make! You are amazing!

2 Likes

Yes… She totally is magic!!!

1 Like

I wish to be able to make babies that are 1/4 as good as hers - they are unbelievable

2 Likes

That is a good wish! I wish that myself!!! :heart:️:heart:️:heart:️:heart:️

1 Like

Well you also make beautiful babies :slight_smile:

1 Like

Well thank you sweet darlin!!! I sure as heck try!!! Lmaolmao

I have only done one Kimber and it is not likely that I will do another one. I’m just not a fan of this sculpt. The face is kind of flat looking. Anyway, here is the one I did.

5 Likes