Mohair is a hot mess

@Claire your little package will go out in the mail tomorrow. :blush: have fun trying the new hair out.

3 Likes

Hi, @Blissfulbabies is it possible to get a small sample along with your colors and prices? I took a 4 year hiatus from dolls and need to find a new mohair supplier. Thank you.

Hi @Diane_T Iā€™m not a mohair supplier. Iā€™m just sending some of my own that I bought from suppliers for @Claire to try. I just wanted her to know that good hair is worth the investment. :blush:

1 Like

Oh ok lolā€¦can you recommend someone?

Iā€™ve found the Ruby Red black curve to work well, also, but for some reason thatā€™s the only one.

1 Like

Thereā€™s several on this forum. @jlesser can you help with a list?
I know of:
Slumberland
Sugargliders
Silk Effects
Delta Dawn
CJā€™s Premium
HP Babylocks
Iā€™ve used all the above and love them all. I recently started using HP Babylocks and absolutely love it!

Anyone else have any recommendations ??

4 Likes

@Rainbowbabies makes beautiful mohair.

1 Like

Mohtique used be excellent, but somebody here had problem with one lot and did not get reply from them.

@Summer may have some also

2 Likes

I like Angora Mohtique also.

2 Likes

I should have some mohair ready to sell in the next few weeks. Iā€™m determined to finish rooting Lennox before I move onto anything else :wink:

2 Likes

So so so sweet of you, Mel :hugging: Did you know youā€™re the best :two_hearts:

2 Likes

@ludmila I was going to list Mohtique but Iā€™ve never used it myself.

Congrats! And thank you for saying such sweet things. Iā€™ll have to give yours a try as well.
I donā€™t blame you for not moving on to another project. My house is littered with projects and itā€™s starting to bother me.

1 Like

I have used hair from summer and itā€™s my favorite :slight_smile:

1 Like

Well to be honest I have a few ruby red mohairs from the first few babies. So I did finally make the invest ment in good mohair plus my daughter gave me a huge chunk of her hair and I found some from when she was smaller (which she gave me permission to use). Like a whole ponytail of gorgeous honey golden brown. But I was able to get the ruby red to do ok but it gets nasty in between conditioning. I do not however think I will buy the ruby red again unless desperate. This is my fourth baby I did with the ash blonde ruby red mohair. Well before I glossed her lips and nails anyway!

2 Likes

I bought some from Angora Mohtique in black and medium brown, its very soft and silky and fine, I will let you know how it works out.

2 Likes

Iā€™ve been told itā€™s really good to root with. Canā€™t wait to hear your take.

1 Like

I use angora mohtique often. Its always been super soft and easy for me to work with. Itā€™s my 2nd favorite (behind Angelaā€™s) and I use it whenever I need something specific and Angela doesnā€™t have any in her Etsy shop.

1 Like

I was the one who had a problem with Angora mohtique. But I honeatly think something personal was going on with her and it was just a bad batch. I wouldnt think it would happen again. Imo

1 Like