Messed up face

If you have a lot of red to neutralize, mix your Flesh color with your Thin Skin color to make a mint green. I would use 1 drop of each color, 10 drops Slow Dry and 40 drops water. This will make the color more diluted so as to not get such a strong application. Then pounce this all over baby with a plucked wedge to give it mint wash that has some “texture” look to it. Plucking the wedge with tweezers first makes it where paint will be applied in a broken manner like mottling and therefore you won’t wind up with a flat looking skin tone. You can always give the kit 2 layers if you need to but starting with less diluted color and working up is better than starting with too much.

After you do this, if you feel your baby is less intense but needs a warming layer you can mix up your own yellow ochre color and do a warming wash with it. Here is how you would mix your 3 primary colors (Mottle and Blush =Red, Warm Details=Yellow- Vein&Shade=blue) to make your own yellow ochre. - YouTube

Yellow Ochre is a strong color so I thin it down more for a wash and pounce it on thin with a plucked wedge. I would mix it as 1 drop paint (you will have to kinda guess at that amount as you pull it out of the mix you just made) mixed with 5 drops Slow Dry and 30 drops distilled water.

The other option INSTEAD of yellow ochre is if you need a bit more coverage of the intensity with some warmth is to mix up a cream yellow color using your Flesh Tone and Yellow-Warm Details. Thin that out like you did the mint green color and apply it with a plucked wedge.

I know I just threw a lot of info at you here and if it all seems overwhelming you do not have to do any of it. It is some tricks of the trade on color blending that will help you though if you can get comfortable with it all.

1 Like

Yes it is lol but thank you so much I screen shot this page so I won’t loose your advise . I watched a video last night but it was paint water and Matt varnish ( I think that’s what it was)and mix it really thin and the put on as your saying it that basically what your saying too

1 Like

The wash made it look better but can anyone tell me what else I should to brighten up the face ? I want to make the lips a little more browner I think there to pinky .

You are doing a good job!! Do you have any color on the eyelids? Can’t tell because I’m looking at this on my tiny little phone screen. A little bit of purple on the eyelids might help.

No nothing on eye lids what do I put on it ? And if u don’t mind tell me how to mix please

I’m not sure what you have there to mix… Do you have an eyelid purple color? Should be light purple.

If you scroll up and take a look at @Sony72’s baby, you will see what’s on the lids. You can enlarge the pic if you need to.

I only have what came in the kit so I have mottled & blush and lips and crease and shade . Your saying to only put on the top of the top eye lids

I have the baby fx so if anyone can tell me which other colors I should order I will order them . Thanks

I use babyfx and am trying to remember what I use… I think I’m so used to mixing up colors that I just do it without thinking about it. :confused:

Also doing your creases will help bring life to her face, you should have the color for that

I did my creases but your saying to do them again .

What can I do to the lips

You don’t have to do the creases again if they look done in person. Sometimes I have to go over mine 2 or 3 times before they look right.

As far as the eyelids go, if you have a red, and blue and a white, you can get a lavender color that you can think out and dab on the eyelids. You won’t need much- I’d take the paint out with toothpicks so you don’t waste it.

The lips, I’m not sure. I keep adding thin layers of different colors on mine until I’m happy with the color.

1 Like

You really are doing well! The Mottle BLush Color mixed with your Vein & shade will make purple. Then you can thin that way down to a water color tint to just tint the eyelids. Since you do not have white, you can try adding a speck of your flesh tone to your purple to see if that will lighten it as well. I also find using some purple on the lips helps tone down the pink. She looks really good to me in that last pic. Your kids will be proud!

I could not be doing so well with all all the help from this sight . Someone is always there all I have to do is ask … may grand daughter is six and she is a baby doll LOVER and she came in last night and was heart broken because she thought I had cutt a head off a baby. lol I explained what I was doing ( building a new doll) and she said ok. Well about an hour later we was watching tv and she says " Bless that babies heart " I said what baby she said the one u took her head off of … I couldn’t help but laughter and feel bad at the same time lol…

1 Like

When you do the yellow mottle do u do it all over kit

And purple and pink too? And then you do a flesh coat over all the top of the mottles right?