Messed up face

Thank you so much for that advise and I agree with u I want it to look good even for my kids and granddaughter so iam gonna try all your steps lol how exactly do u mottling brush it on or sponge ? The head already looks better the second time and I have only did the flesh lol . Iam not reborning to sell but I want to be proud of my work … so I will take all the advise I can get

Thank you that’s cheaper lol .

If I may jump in here with some advice…Granna, I noticed you mentioned that you tried mixing the paints according to the directions that came with them. Many of us have found that Melissas mixes can be a bit thick to work with in paint so we have developed our own mixes. The best starting advice I ever got was from Debbie Henshaw. The formula she uses for mixing the paint is this: For every 1 drop paint add to it 5 drops Slow Dry (Or retarder if using Jo Sonjas) and 15 drops of distilled water. From that mix you can alter things if you need to. For example, if you want the color a bit less intense, add a few more drops of water. If you want more drying time, add more Slow Dry and less water. If you are using lots of Slow Dry in your layers, they will take longer to cure and need to be force dried with a hair dryer as you go. It is also recommended that once you get them on, to seal them with some thinned Sure Bond. The other option would be to add 2-3 drops of Sure Bond to the paint layers mix as you go to help them adhere better.

1 Like

I air dry

You can neutralize blue with orange!

Thank you so much for this advice I redone the head today Iam still not through but I definetly did a much better job my veins were better on first try but it’s for my kids so Iam not stripping because of that lol it also said put skin base and water on nails but it didn’t send me a skin base paint … But Iam trying to post a picture of my WIP I think it’s so sweet looking I love it already .

Ok Iam loving all this advise that everyone is willing to share .

1 Like

I will agree with paint to thick . When I remixed after I stripped I kinda did how much I thought because I didn’t want to mix as much cause I was only redoing the head and I felt it went on smoother for me … And I was able to blend it better .

1 Like

2 Likes

2 Likes

This is much better. The veins are still a bit strong like lines. My tip is to keep a damp wedge on hand and pounce over the veins as soon as you paint them to blot them down to a more subtle look. I also find mixing the vein color with mostly Slow Dry and just a couple drops of water give you more working time to soften them out before they grab and stain the vinyl. Remember you can always build them by adding more color but it is hard to take the color away once they get stuck to the vinyl.

1 Like

Ok I’ll try that next time what else do u think I need to do to it besides the nails it said to use a skin base paint and the kit don’t have any in it so what do I put on the nails .

I don’t want to sound or ask a dumb question but what do u mean neutralize blue with orange? Iam new so I don’t no what u mean

1 Like

If you got the ​Introductory Reborn Doll Painting Set the Skin Base has now been replaced with Flesh Tone. Use that to paint your nails. You will thin it so that the color is slightly translucent. To do the nail tips, Mix 1 drop paint with 1 drop Sure Bond and 1-3 drops water. (The water amount will kinda depend on how big your drop of paint was). The Sure Bond will ensure that the nail tip sticks well. Let it dry for about 30 minutes and then you can seal over the whole nail and tip. If you did not purchase any separate sealers like Subtle Shine or Final Sealer then you can seal over the Nail tip with straight Sure Bond.

2 Likes

Thank you so much !

Oh ok so Iam kinda gonna just do the tips then go over the whole thing after about thirty minutes . Can u give me pointers on what else I can do to make it look more re life like . It looks a little to red to me can I do a fesh coat over it again or should I not

Would I just go to YouTube and put in neutralize red with green wash cause I have no idea what the wash is either lol sorry !

What @Sony72 said, lol! Good luck!

Those are gonna be some happy kiddos!

Yes they r !! And my two grand daughters will too … iam so excited about it too …will a wash help with the chalky look I have on the limbs

1 Like