Messed up face

So I got my kits and my air dry paints and I fill like is was doing ok painting but I got the shade blue to dark on the face and idk how to fix it ?? Help please

Can you post pictures so someone can assist you.

1 Like

I would strip that and start over. Blue is the hardest color to get off as it stains the vinyl. Try Winsor and Newton Brush cleaner.

4 Likes

Ok try

I got some of that stuff Iam gonna try neutralizing first lol

That is beyond neutralizing, @Granna! Hahaa! If you find a way to do it, please post pics and teach Me! :smile:

1 Like

Other then the blue and green am I doing ok with the painting ? It kinda looks blotchy to me . And what’s the tricks to shading that was the hardest to me . I thought veining was gonna be but it was quite easy …

Other than the blue it looks pretty good from what I can tell. It just takes practice, and lots of it. Have you watched any tutorials? There are good ones on YouTube.

Yes lol a bunch but not on shading lol but I stripped the head and now Iam gonna start over lol I’ll add pictures of my legs and hands

1 Like

Do you think my creases are too dark I do but idk exactly what it’s suspossed to look like lol

Is slow dry the same as paint thinner or is the paint thinner for baked paints only

I did mottling already are u saying I need to do more to it sorry all the question but Iam a beginner lol

Oh wow he is bueatiful ! I followed the instruction on the paper that came with my air dry paints . So if u don’t mind telling me what order do u do all your painting process in ? I watched a mottling video and they did it in a different order then the instructions I have .

Yes it sure does ! When do u do the creases ? And do u bake or air dry ?

I think she is making these for her foster kids for Christmas.If I don’t have her mixed up with somebody else.Do you think she needs to do all the various steps on a play doll? Just wondering since she is on her first and wants them all to have one for Christmas.6 or 8 kids I think.

Yes these are for my foster kiddos ! Great practice though!! Lol if I haven’t added to much blue earlier I may have just finished the other one even though I wasn’t completely pleased with it but it stripped over very easy lol . Can I get the slow dry anywhere else or can I only get it where I got my paints ?

I have no idea,I use the heat set paints.

You can use Jo Sonjas retarder instead of the Slow Dry but you will have to order it online as well.

https://www.amazon.com/Jo-Sonja%2527s-Retarder-Medium-Bottle/dp/B004XMERZ0/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1475636325&sr=8-1&keywords=jo+sonjas+retarder

You can also buy it here: