McPhersons Huxley no COA?

Macphersons is great with some stuff, shipping is super fast, great selection. I shop there all the time and am not beating up on them… but with things like this they are awful. Sorry, but it is the truth.

All kinds of stuff has come up over the years which artists scratching their heads, like why did you not say this before I purchased? Give me the option. Nope, they send things in all kinds of ways then want you to just deal with it.

Most recently an artist bought a body that was advertised at 20" in something like that. So her doll looked weird, body was too small. She measured and it was like 18." She contacted them and asked if they sent the wrong body. They said no, those bodies run small… No problem at all if you ADVERTISE IT THAT WAY. Mention it being small so the artist can order up a size, sell it as an actual 18" body. Something.

I honestly think that a good portion of problems they have with people could be avoided by improving in this area.

5 Likes

I got a kit from them and was mailed the COA once it came in. I was fine with that. It came maybe a week later, I don’t remember exactly but it was faster than I expected.

2 Likes

Huxleys original numbered coas may be out, as in they may have surpassed the original 1800 or whatever she was supposed to be. I say this because it says tbd for her edition when it was specific before and not tbd.

The huxley kits come 2 different ways thick and heavy and orange or thinner and not orange. Both kits were legit and from the same supplier even.

1 Like

With that type of reputation I am surprised they are that popular. I heard nothing but praise about them. So I was quite shocked when I saw no COA with my order, it was something I never would have dreamed happening, since after purchasing several hundred kits in my day, this never happened before.

An 18" body is not a 20" body, so if they can fib a little about that what else are they dishonest about?
Last night I tried to see if I can find any reviews, there weren’t many. I found one complaint about their Genesis paints not being the same as other suppliers. Something about the paints not sticking and curing properly.

Either way a COA, numbered or not, should be given.

1 Like

Without a COA there is no way of knowing 100% the kit is legit.

If a buyer from an artist can question it, why can’t a buyer from the supplier question it? It’s the same issue

1 Like

You just reminded me that when the genesis paints stopped curing, they created a tutorial on how to cure genesis instead of replacing it. :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

They are popular because of their kit selection. Plus Brenda is a likable lady. And though this kind of stuff comes up routinely, it doesn’t come up with the same person over and over. In the past 5 years or so, I might have had a couple of problems that I can think of. One was a doll with too many defects (which I think they should disclose and let the artist decide if they feel like working around all of that), then one other time something was missing from my order, but they took care of that right away.

So mixed bag, but good for the most part.

4 Likes

Well dang :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Mixed bag is not for me, I’m not a gambler :rofl:

I didn’t check her for defects. I will do that later.

3 Likes

I had an issue with a missing COA for my Levi kit. I contacted them right away and told them it wasn’t sent. First they told me it was sent, I took the box apart, no COA, then they said they would send it with my next order. Next 2 orders arrived, no COA for Levi. Then they said they had no extras. I basically contacted them 6 times trying to get my COA and they still haven’t sent one. I know Levi is open edition now, but with all the fake Levi’s it’s really important to me have the COA. I see tons of fake Huxley’s now online, so imagine your in the same situation. I can’t give you any pointers as I’m in the same boat, but just wanted to commiserate with you :slight_smile: Mac’s is excellent at a lot of things, I haven’t had much luck with them on the rare occasion I have an issue though.

4 Likes

So how long have you had your Levi kit? It seems like awhile, which isn’t good, it makes it seem like it will never arrive.
The certs come from the sculpter, it’s just a card, why on earth would it take so long to print a card :grin:
Yep I just looked at the fake Levi’s and Huxley’s, and some fakes have the signature on the back, it was the Romilly kit. So without that COA both buyer and seller are taking a risk.
Our receipts are the only way to show proof of authenticity, but I’m not sure if that would be good enough for a buyer?

I checked her for defects, she looks fine, only thing is all her flanges are crooked and misshapen.

McPhersons said I can return the kit, that they would schedule a pick up. I asked them if I would get a full refund for the amount of the kit before I do anything, and asked them again if they are possitive they don’t have any idea on when the cert would come in, because she’s so darn cute, I hate to see her go :frowning:

1 Like

I’ve had my Levi kit for a few months maybe? I have given up at this point. Everytime I talk to someone I get a different response but still no COA. I don’t want to list it as no COA, whenever I see that on a listing I assume it’s a fake kit. My Chase kit didn’t come with a COA either, but I heard they no longer do. I think it’s just more that if a kit is supposed to have a COA it’s important to have it. My situation is different, they forgot to send it, have them, but won’t send me a new one, I’ve never heard of them waiting on more. I’d just say to make sure you get the COA before painting. I have a completed Levi but don’t want to have to deal with the COA issue if he sells and it’s to a customer that wants it.

3 Likes

They just got back to me and said the certs came in today and they will be shipping mine out tomorrow, so this is good news.

Emma, maybe contact them again? There might be a chance Levi’s came in with Huxleys.
They should not have given you the run around like this. If my coa doesn’t come in a week or so I will wonder if i’m in the same boat.
Agreed, I won’t start on her until the cert is in hand.

5 Likes

Yay! I hope it’s a happy ending! Can’t wait to see your Huxley painted!

Despite Arcello’s ruined reputation I am planning to paint Huxley for myself as I love her so much.

3 Likes

Yay me too :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
I can’t wait to see yours too, she is adorable! I can’t wait to blush those cheeks!

Ruined reputation? Oh what happened? I took a few years off from reborning so I don’t know whats going on anymore :rofl:

3 Likes

:slight_smile: My first Huxley - I had to do cake smash on her as I made a booboo with a rooting lamp - her head was so hard :frowning:

6 Likes

She reopened her sold out kit, changed the limbs after some back lash from artists who think sold out limited edition should stay sold out.
Now she recently had a prototype artist do a Blossom after being called out for painting a fake kit

If the sculptors and prototype artist don’t stand against the fakes how do we expect others to? :frowning:

7 Likes

Oh Yelena she’s gorgeous! And your photography setting is great!
I like the cake smash, really cute :heart_eyes:
I see what you mean about rooting, I was thinking about it but once I felt her head I was like no, no way lol
Painted hair for me :grin:

Jlesser, Which kit was it? I agree it should be sold out, no more produced, so it stays sought after and desirable.
I’m suprised at the fake kit bit, yeah you would think that’s a no no to a sculpter.
I wish I could have seen her being called out at a prototype contest for a fake kit. I picture a Threes Company episode for some reason :rofl:

5 Likes

Thank you!

1 Like

Harper

It is now reopened with Harper head and Phoenix limbs

As for the artist she claimed it was her daughters work but that makes it more confusing. Did she enter someone else’s work in a proto contest? I doubt it.
The fact it was for the Arcello contest and once the sculptor knew, she revoked her win… then let her paint a prototype for her anyways… blows my mind

**edited to add… I just reread all the screen shots I was shared about it back in April and I dont think it was entered in the contest itself but at the same time as it.

2 Likes