Major problem - Liam complete

Do I have her body on backwards or something? All of the zip tie closings are in the front and VERY noticeable! I don’t like it at all. :disappointed: She would be complete if it wasn’t for me having to fix this. This baby has been a boo boo baby from day one. She had jaundice for like a month. Then she was magenta. Then she was super shiny. Now this. I can’t wait to be done with this sweet little problem child. Please see last picture for reference.

1 Like

Yes zip ties go to the back :slight_smile:

2 Likes

If I put them in the back, then it looks like her arms and legs are on the back of her body. Is that correct?

1 Like

Can it be that you put it backwards? But she is so cute! If you didn’t describe all those color problems I would never guess.

2 Likes

It’s quite possible. I’m hoping that’s the case.

1 Like

That’s what took me so long to finish her…color correction. Lol. But I feel I am a master of correcting color issues now because of it. Lol.

2 Likes

Is it BB body? I used 3/4 BB body for two dolls and didn’t noticed any weirdness with it.

Yes, it is. Does it look backwards to you?

I may have to remove the ties and just out really string strings. This doll is a gift and I can’t give her to anyone like that. Maybe I’ll just keep her for myself and give another to my Godchild. I can’t imagine her with a doll with strings either. lol.

2 Likes

And this is an awesome experience!

2 Likes

Can’t you just turn the head and limbs around? They should be movable.

2 Likes

It is! I’m appreciative even for my mistakes because I learn so much.

I think I’m going to just switch the limbs around to where the ties are in the back and call it a day.

Yep. I’ll have to cut the ties though and it’s a little hard. But that’s what I’ll do. Ty for the help!
I’m so over this baby lol.

1 Like

She is beautiful and any girl would be happy to have her. Just do the switch with new cables for limbs and she will be perfect!

1 Like

Thank you!! She is a pretty girl so I should give her and myself at least that credit. Lol.

The zips go in the back.That is the way those bodies look.I usually end up doing some adjusting on any of that type body if I use them.The fact that they are generic bodies for many kits always makes me think they need stitching here and there.

4 Likes

The ties go in back. I dislike the non gathered bodies. Some kits are okay with them but not skinny kits.

I also like smaller head zip ties (like BB sells)

4 Likes

Yes! I agree! I’m not fond of this body at all and actually bought fabric to start making bodies after I use up all the bodies I’ve bought. They aren’t made very well. I had a heck of a time getting the zip ties through the casing too because the seam was uneven and narrow on some parts. Sheesh…

3 Likes

I will definitely be purchasing some of those.

The tiny zip ties work best on them.If it is hard to get them in,I usually try from the other direction.

2 Likes