Major problem - Liam complete

Lots of lessons learned on this one ladies! Lol. Thank you all!

I hate these bodies. Lay her on her back and turn her head and limbs to the front :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I have to completely remove them and switch them because her limbs will be strange. Lol.

2 Likes

Your whole body is backwards. Arm ties and neck ties go to the back of the baby.:footprints::baby:

1 Like

My personal dislike with those bodies is that limbs goes like a windmill. I try not to buy 3/4 kits anymore, but will use all those that I bought in the beginning when I didn’t know any better. I have 2 Liams and one Fei like that.

1 Like

Thank god! Lol. Ty

Yes, Liam was the second kit I bought. I have a few others from the beginning that are 3/4 as well including Fei. I think you and I were buying the same cheapest kits in the beginning lol. A lot of the cuter kits have 3/4 limbs though. I may just start putting them on full bodies and have some short little legs. Lol

You can snip them with fingernail clippers or a small wire snip. She is pained beautifully.

1 Like

I think the 3/4 kits were on sale a lot, cause I bought a bunch when I started, too :wink:

I don’t like the bodies

2 Likes

Sometimes I buy a full limbed kit on sale just to use for some of my 3/4 limbed favorites like Gabriel. You can always use the head for a cuddle baby or sell it.

3 Likes

Those bodies suck. Here’s my post about them. :grimacing:
http://discourse.bountifulbaby.com/t/how-do-these-bodies-go/67947/21

2 Likes

That post is awesome! It’s funny! I booked marked it so I can go back and watch the tutorial on gathering the bodies.
I like the body you rebought. Where did you get that one from?

Good advice!

It’s a bb body. If you just search “gathered” on the bountiful baby site it will pull up that style in all sizes.

1 Like

They don’t have the gathered for some sizes in the 3/4 babies. I wish they did though.

1 Like

You could try eBay. I think that’s where I got a new body for Rosa. She’s about the same size as Liam.

1 Like

Those BB bodies are terrible and don’t fit properly. I hate them. They’re barrel chested so they bunch up at the neck and the limb caps are set too far back and they have ridiculously bulging biceps that don’t fit well in clothes. After all your hard work you get a baby that looks like a linebacker doing bust exercises. Irresistables has one (#1492) that will fit her perfectly. She has long enough thighs that body #1227 would probably work, also. I love your Liam. She deserves a good body.

3 Likes

You can tighten the joints to stop the windmill effect. I just use pliers, alternating sides.

2 Likes

Here is my Liam on a gathered 20 inch body 3/4 limbs I like it better than the fat bodies even if the torso is a little long

5 Likes

The bb bodies look backwards to me also but I was told zip ties go in the back too. Makes the babies upper body look like that of a linebacker when it is on the correct way. Your baby is beautiful though. I struggle to get that skin tone and still have not been successful yet. Great job!

2 Likes