Made a romper this weekend

I finally got around to making a romper. I made the size suggested by the chart which resulted in an outfit that’s too large…better than too small, I guess. Since Marissa (Grant) won’t be growing into it, I’ll make another one but smaller.

39 Likes

So cute and Marissa looks great in that color! :thumbsup:

4 Likes

She loves it!! She doesn’t care if it’s a little big!! Nice job Amy!!

3 Likes

Thanks, Karen! I took Marissa to the store so I could get the right color for her.

2 Likes

I bet she was a big hit at the store! :smile:

1 Like

The staff at JoAnn’s loved her! One older lady was a bit confused…she said “Oh, you brought her in before.” I told her that was a newborn doll before and this doll is much bigger. She replied, “Yes, they grow fast.”

14 Likes

Thanks, Lynn! She does seem to like it just fine. :wink:

1 Like

:laughing: Boy, they sure DO grow fast! :laughing:

2 Likes

Very nice!

2 Likes

She is too cute! And you are awesome. Great job on the outfit, even if too big it looks store bought! :heart:

2 Likes

@bebe, @Jesse

Thank you, ladies! Jenni, you’re so sweet. :blush:

Nice job Amy…and the color is perfect for her…!!..really sweet…had to laugh about that lady at the fabric store…:slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you! I can’t wait to remake it. First, we have to go back to JoAnn’s. :wink:

2 Likes

Lovely…Love the romper…wish I could sew that well…and I will never tire of seeing this little angel…she is the cutest little girl…Hope mine comes out half as cute when I get around to getting her/him done…

That colour does suit her beautifully too!

2 Likes

Aww, thank you, Starr! Looking forward to seeing yours. :slight_smile:

Great reason to make another doll! So she can fit the outfit you worked so hard on, at least that’s the reason I would use to justify another kit.

4 Likes

She is adorable and that little outfit looks great on her.

1 Like

I love that outfit! It looks wonderful on her. I have tried sewing dresses according to the pattern size - I have yet to make a baby large enough to fit the “preemie” dress that I made! Maybe Ella Elizabeth will fit it! Or, if not, maybe Kimberlie or Gemma.

4 Likes

@4everbabies, I was thinking the same thing! :slight_smile:

Thank you, Mary! @Marydi

@Sony72 Sonja, sewing is an incredible skill that I got from my mom! As a teenager, my all-nighters were staying up Friday night into the wee hours of Saturday to sew a new outfit.

@Luvbaby Carol, those sizings are crazy, for sure! :flushed:

1 Like

aw, how cute

1 Like