Macpherson Mystery Boxes

Did anyone buy one of the $20 mystery boxes from Macpherson? If so, who did you get? I bought a 20” box and a 22” one. They arrived today. My 20” box is a full size Arias. My 22” box is He/She’s Awake by Tina Kewy. Both have full limbs. I love Arias because he looks like my grandson Achilles. I also love all of the Kewy babies. But I don’t like the sculptor. So I don’t know if I’ll bother to paint the Kewy baby. It sucks though because he’s so cute. :weary:

8 Likes

Both lovely kits. I have a friend who got DKI kits. You might find someone like her who would trade kits with you if you don’t want the Kewy. I heard some folks got Secrist kits so all in all you came out good I think. I would paint it.

3 Likes

These are cuties! I didn’t buy them because I was afraid of just getting the old Secrist kits.

3 Likes

I do feel like I lucked out. Arias is now a sold out kit. And he’s one I always intended to buy. But never got around to buying. And maybe I should just switch my attitude on the Kewy kits. Those kits have been in stock and owned by macpherson for years. Tina will never get another dime from any of the kits. Macpherson shouldn’t be punished for her crappy decisions. And artists who have Kewy kits in their stash shouldn’t be punished. And collectors with Kewy babies shouldn’t be punished. The fact is…her kits are adorable. Too bad for her that she ruined her reputation.

8 Likes

I thought what happened was she had to change her name because of an abusive husband and in doing so she kind of ghosted everyone that had ordered dolls from her? Is that the correct story…or along those lines?

1 Like

I ordered an 18 inch and a 20 inch. I got Alba awake. She’s got really nice limbs. And Felix-Hoop

5 Likes

Here’s an old thread about her. Originally she left the reborn community owing lots of people lots of money. Then she snuck back in with an alias and created even more drama.

I’ve seen several people getting Felix. He’s cute. I don’t guess I ever noticed him before.

1 Like

Oh wow :flushed:

And she is gone again…

1 Like

Yep. Probably planning her next come back. :grimacing:

1 Like

These type things are always too much of a gamble to me. I rather know what I am buying. You got some cute stuff though.

1 Like

The cuddle boxes aren’t a gamble though. You can spend $20 for a cuddle body. Or you can spend $20 for a mystery head and a cuddle body. I haven’t opened any of the bodies to see what size or style they are. But I’m sure they will all fit one of the random cute heads I already have here. And a couple of those heads are cute enough to paint.

4 Likes

This is true. If you like the cuddle bodies then it is a good deal. I wasn’t really thinking about those.

2 Likes

Do they send their no-sew cuddle bodies? Or sewing required?

1 Like

Great question, I’m wondering the same. I’m wanting to order some either way, but I don’t like sewing lol.

1 Like

Thanks for letting us know what you got :relaxed:! I was wanting to order some especially the cuddle ones, because it really is a great bargain with the bodies.

No. She took preorder money and never sent the kits.

1 Like

Well I accidentally deleted my post because I was trying to edit it to fix the name on one of the kits. So I’ll try again. :woman_facepalming:t2:
These are the cuddle kits it got.

These are the open edition kits

This is this

And I don’t remember what this one is supposed to be

And the fantasy kit

2 Likes

I have no idea. I didn’t open any of the bodies. I’ll check tomorrow. I’m not home right now

1 Like