Macpherson Mystery Boxes

I didn’t open mind, but I think they are sewing required.

1 Like

I got Alba awake and asleep for my cuddle babies

Mia Zwergnase for my open edition

And Frida Yophi and Nala Jordano for my end of the line kits

2 Likes

Nala is cute. But deceptive marketing on her. She’s the same price if you buy her outright. When people buy mystery boxes they expect to get something worth more than they pay. A surprise bargain. Not a surprise regular price item.

4 Likes

Gosh, I love Frida’s face :heart_eyes:

Well ya that’s shiitty. I didn’t even notice that.

1 Like

Ya she’s pretty cute. a newborn squish.

2 Likes

I got Nala too, and must admit I find that a bit disappointing. I agree with you it feels misleading, and I’m annoyed I basically paid the exact same price if I’d had just bought her. And honestly, it’s not a kit I’d pay full price for.

I got Alba for my cuddle kit. Which is fine. I’m not wild about the head, but I’m kind of looking at it as a bonus for the price of a cuddle body.

For my fantasy I got Colliope, which wind up only being a $10 savings…

I won’t be doing the mystery box thing again. I feel a wee bit cheated. Realistically I didn’t save much money at all and ended up with less than desirable kits. :woman_shrugging: Oh well, lesson learned.

6 Likes

I feel the same as you. The cuddle babies are fine. Even is the heads suck, I needed the bodies for other heads anyway. But the fantasy boxes are way too high priced for what we got. I got the sleeping squidling. So now I’m painting 3 of those for Kansas. I have one awake squidling somewhere. But I can’t find it. So I guess I won’t paint it for Kansas. But it’s possible I would have bought an awake one from macpherson. But now I can’t justify that because I already have 3 sleeping ones to paint now. And the kits like Nala. Nope. Not fair at all. These mystery boxes were supposed to be a bargain. Definitely not worth the risk.

4 Likes

I just ordered some, 4 of the $19.99 cuddle babies, 2 of the $24.99 babies., Oh and eyelashes just to get up to the amount for free shipping lol.
At those prices I think it’s a good deal with the bodies, even if I don’t get really great ones. I’ll update once I receive them :crossed_fingers::blush:

2 Likes

Pretty happy with my mystery kits! I don’t care for the Alba kits, so glad I only got one of him. Him and the DKI (Emilie-Yvonne?) are my least faves, but still not too bad, especially for the price.
Really excited about Angelina Musgrove, and Mia and Ava Sieben :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: The “Mookie” kit is cute, and looks preemie sized.

5 Likes

You got some real cuties!!

1 Like

Some of these look like that grey-ish vinyl from Spain, those babies paint like a dream, it is a great base color to start with. I Painted a few of these for Macphersons and loved them, even the funny looking ones, they just paint really well.

2 Likes

Resurrecting this thread because I’m curious if anyone has been ordering the new round of mystery boxes and what you’ve been getting?

1 Like

I got this cutie a week or so ago. :heart:

4 Likes

That’s a great one

2 Likes