Look what the internet taught me! ;)

I like looking at tutorials of many different crafts that I can possible do myself and I stumbled upon crocheted bonnets on youtube… and decided to try it while waiting to be able to continue on my Character baby (the hat has nothing to do with it, just the head I used for mannequin purposes) I covered the face. :slight_smile:

Anyways I have never made a bonnet or anything with ridges (if that is what it is called… lol), I plan to make an outfit to match… then paint a baby to wear it! LOL

37 Likes

Cool!! Love it!!!

2 Likes

Great job!

2 Likes

Very nice! There’s a lot of cool stuff on youtube.

2 Likes

Very cute xx

2 Likes

Wow, looks great, Jenni! I love the color, too. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

So cute!!

2 Likes

It is crocheted. I have never tried to knit.

1 Like

Crochet is with the hook and knitting is with 2 sticks… lol. I dont know I think they are called needles but I cant even think of how to hold them… hahaha. My husband did buy some knitting needles (?) but I have never tried. lol

2 Likes

Lovely! Hard to believe it’s your first time making these.

2 Likes

My mother knits and used to make knitted hats for us when we were little, since we lived in Scotland babies had to have a hat on. She knitted these type (among others) and they were called “Pixie hats”!!

4 Likes

I have crocheted before. I made crocheted animals/monsters for my kids, a blanket, pot holders, and small toy clothes. But normally granny squares or single crochet. Recently learned (I think) double crochet foundation and this was kind of like that. I think it was called a pixie bonnet on the tutorial. You just alternate front or back on the next row to get the ridges. You make a rectangle, then fold it in half, sew together the end then turn it inside out. and get the right shape. :slight_smile: Then add ties, and I added the fluffy fringe.

3 Likes

Yes they are very easy to do. I used to make them for my daughters dolls when she was little. They are so cute!!

2 Likes

That is so cute!!! I tried to crochet years ago and managed to make…a very long chain. :laughing: Just never got the hang of it. You are very talented.

3 Likes

Notice I said a blanket… as in one… lol. I have 5 kids… One was hard enough to finish. I dont know how my Grandma makes so many! :heart: I tried as a teen and always failed. Everything ended up uneven and curled cause I couldnt make all my stitches the same. lol My blankets get doily size then I give up. lol

4 Likes

I started making a blanket and ended up with a triangle. :laughing:

5 Likes

I love the hat!!!

2 Likes

The hat is cute, I crocheted a spongebob and patrick for my nephew and made him a dragon afghan for his bed along with a dragon throw pillow all of them crocheted.

The bed was a full size bed.

And I made use to make these dolls before I started doing reborn dolls.

from the pattern for these so cute babies

7 Likes

Good job!

1 Like

I can’t crochet to save my life! I’ve tried a few times lol. But I LOVE knitting and have been doing that since I was 5.

2 Likes