Look alive medium what the heck

What exactly is it and how are you supposed to use it? I feel like I got burned with the genesis gloss and varnish there are no instructions how to use it

You mix it with your paints the same way like the regular medium .
I do use a bit of medium then add GHSP . I mix it well . It will be a creamy consistency then I add thinner .
This way my paint is always mixed really well no chalky pc .

2 Likes

I have some but I have never used it. What is it supposed to do?

1 Like

I think it’s supposed to leave just a bit of sheen to the skin, not shiny but not totally matte, either.

2 Likes

It adds a little a very slight texture to the skin when used alone or mixed in with paint, but not as much as the varnishes. Be careful because it can make fingers and toes extra shiny! This is true for genesis thick as well.

3 Likes

Thanks for the info! Is it worth having or can you live without? It’s in my cart and I’m debating before pushing the button

And as for the title of the post it wouldn’t let me just call it look alive medium and I can’t see without my glasses and my phone was dying sooooo

1 Like

I don’t know!!! I know I bought it for a reason( don’t now which one :wink:) and I tried it and didn’t like it. ( don’t remember why) but I have a big container half full that’s been on my paint stand for years!

1 Like

Why are you thinking that you want it?

1 Like

I love the dewey look and I’ve been trying to figure out how to recreate it.

1 Like

But maybe the look I like is just wet babies idk I think it’s @Jessejuice babies that look dewey

2 Likes

There is a product called dewy skin… I do t know who sells it. Maybe @jlesser will know?

1 Like

Oh!! Ask Juicy!!! She will totally help you find what you need!

3 Likes

Jess likes to take pictures while it is still wet (flashing off) to show the texture better.

3 Likes

Ugh lol

1 Like

https://macphersoncrafts.com/online-store/reborn-paints/premixed-heat-set-paints/dewy-skin-medium.htm

3 Likes

I’ve used look alive medium since day one of reborning. You use it just like other mediums…add a small amount to your paint mixture and it strengthens your pigment and has a nice consistency. I’ve never experienced it shining. I was just wondering how much of a difference it makes to the plain mediums.

1 Like

Ooooooh
That’s interesting! I wish I had some and some test limbs to do a side by side comparison :thinking:

2 Likes

Looks like I’ll have to buy another kit so I don’t have to pay for just shipping that LOL!

2 Likes

I mix each of my paint colour starting with look alive thinning medium and isn’t shiny at all . Reborned close to 129 babies by now

2 Likes

Where do you live ? I have a test hand also I could send you a bit of medium

2 Likes