Letting go of your baby

Do you ladies ever have problems letting go of your baby that you spent so much time bringing to life ? All my kits I do I build a bond when working on the kit. So when its time to sale I always feel my anxiety level building. Its crazy I know. LOL!

1 Like

I do, Deb! I just don’t know how I can part with my current one. I’ll post pics of her tomorrow. :sob:

2 Likes

YES! There are certain ones that I just have the hardest time packing up or delivering.

1 Like

yes

1 Like

oh i definitely do!!! i get sad when i pack them up into a box and ship them off

1 Like

It happens to me every time Deb. The last one was a Shyanne kit…I just fell in love with her. It always surprises me that I become so attached.

2 Likes

All the time and it’s been 5 years.

4 Likes

I try not to build a bond with them while making them, and figure if I can sell them and make someone happy, that makes it easier. There has been one kit, though, that was hard to part with, and that was Samuel by Petra Lechner. I ended up getting a kit to do as a keeper and will one day reborn him.

3 Likes

This is one of the hardest things about reborning. I hate saying ‘goodbye’!

3 Likes

Always!!!

2 Likes

Yes!!! That’s why I have so many of them. :blush:

2 Likes

OMG, I do. Especially when the recipient is younger. I envision them in the bottom of the toy box with their hair pulled out. I keep asking my friends how the dolls are…lol. I was over at my friends house and the baby had a different strange outfit on and it bothered me. Isn’t that funny?

3 Likes

I can totally relate to that! I try to look the other way but at the same time ya just want to pick baby up and run! LOL!!

2 Likes

Amy, I don’t know how you can part with that current one either. (I already saw the pix you posted.) But if it’s any consolation, she should bring a great price. Don’t settle too low. She’s wonderful.

3 Likes

ALWAYS… I usually hang on to the latest one until I have finished another one, but when I complete the Sleeping Presley, I have to take Harley, along with Awake and Asleep Presley to my buyer at The Doll House. Then I will have to get busy and make another for the bassinet! I really must make a “keeper” one of these days!

5 Likes

Thank you, Helen! I think I will do what Pia does and hold on to her until the next one is complete.

2 Likes

I made this one with the intention of selling her but she just captured my heart and I couldn’t part with her. She is now my “show” baby.

6 Likes

I totally understand! :smile:

Shes without a doubt a keeper! Beautiful little one.

1 Like

Awww she is darling! I am working on a “show baby” to represent my nursery at the moment. I thought it was about time I have one as I have never kept my own work. It is the Grace Kewy kit. :slight_smile:

1 Like