Let’s show our WIP part 4 (Part 3)

Beautiful rooting

2 Likes

Thank you very much @LisaLynn and @quiltsabunch !

1 Like

AWESOME monorooting! :star_struck:

1 Like

Thank you :blush:

I’ve gotten some more done on Chantal. Has anyone else painted her? I’m having some eye issues, one is slightly smaller and the sockets are uneven, so they aren’t fitting right. I’ve tried full rounds and half rounds in 22mm and 20mm. The 22 seem way to big but the 20 aren’t great either, ugh.

12 Likes

I got eyes from DBS, flat back 20mm and they ended up working well on her

1 Like

Were they glass or poly?

glass

1 Like

I did have to work with them for a bit, and ultimately the way they’re positioned makes her a teensy bit cross eyed lol I can see the whites of the eyes in the but that’s how they kept wanting to go :woman_shrugging:t3:

2 Likes

I used 22mm half round acrylic. They were a little finicky. I couldnt get them to stay off centered.

I think I inserted them from the back when still warm.

Hair was more of a struggle for me. But I’ve seen some very well rooted versions.

Mine was a pain in the butt. Had to be heated. Many many broken needles.

4 Likes

Thank you! Good to know, I haven’t been using heat lately, but I guess I will with this one. Mom wants thicker hair with pigtails, so I definitely have my work cut out!

3 Likes

I might be able to assemble her tomorrow! Glue is finally dry after a few high humidity days. I rooted too heavily in the back of her head and ended up using newborn strip lashes after struggling to root eyelashes but I have learned so much on her!

11 Likes

Samuel and Ava Brace are ready for hair!

12 Likes

Still have one section on the front, and baby hairs left to finish! Angelique Joy♥️

22 Likes

Goregous

1 Like

Thank you♥️

Beautiful rooting!!! :star_struck:

1 Like

Thank you♥️

So adorable

1 Like

Thank you… Ava is getting rooted first!

1 Like