Let’s show our WIP part 4 (Part 3)

I know the feeling :wink:

1 Like

Perfect!

1 Like

Slow drying glue in her head. I thought I would be finished by now!

23 Likes

She is perfect!!! :star_struck::star_struck::star_struck:

1 Like

She’s so cute Pia! I have Zodi back on the docket. Her hair is about one third done and has been that way for about 2 years! There are a lot of tails to pull but I lost my tweezers between the bathroom and doll room- how do I do that??!

10 Likes

Love your ZODI! Get her finished.

1 Like

lol I’m trying :joy: I have too many hobbies!

1 Like

As much as I like painting 2 kits at a time, I really dislike creases on 2 at a time. I just spent 4 hours on creasing…

19 Likes

I feel you.

1 Like

But that creasing is gorgeous! :heart:

1 Like

Finished the Grace Kewy kit.

19 Likes

They looks Awesome Pia, I too hate creases!! Do you crease with “paint” or “powders”? I use paint and struggle with how I want it to look.

1 Like

I use paint… I will still go over the creases one more time before I am finished. Got blue undertones, veins, and blushing done today with one more flesh mottle. Still have details to complete…

13 Likes

They’re looking really good so far Pia, can’t wait to see them all finished, dressed and with hair (are you rooting them?) They are going to find homes so fast!

I am going to root them.

Some WIP pics of my Delilah, finally got my hands on another kit after regretting selling my first one.
I mostly paint for myself and very rarely so my technique is all over the place and random.

Whoever suggested using vegan paint brush soap to erase air dry without ruining the vinyl, thank you!!! It worked so well for fixing some small mistakes.

14 Likes

Cute baby! Tell me more about the soap! How do you apply it? Do you just rub it over a fresh mistake? Does it take off the paint underneath?

4 Likes

Sweet lil Delilah…love her coloring!!!

1 Like

Blending with makeup brushes helps blend creases in!

Hey there! It’s called paint brush soap and it’s by Tritart. It’s a soap bar and I just gently brush it over the area with a soft wet toothbrush. It removes the paint underneath, yes, so that’s why I only use it to fix small mistakes like dirty creasing or heavy blushing. What I noticed is that it takes the whole painting off if there is little painting on but it worked just fine to tone down the heavy blushing. I thought it was too much and I applied a small quantity of soap to remove the heavy red. It didn’t remove ALL the paint in this case, just the excess one. I also tried it over a varnished baby but it didn’t take the paint off so as long as it is not varnished yet it will remove the paint

4 Likes