Let’s show our WIP part 4 (Part 2)

Ellie Sue almost ready for hair…wow the color gets washed out a lot in my pictures I post!

17 Likes

Rooting blonde and honey blonde together

17 Likes

Images on the forum do seem to lose their color.

That baby is so beautiful!

3 Likes

Thank you Joy! I love this kit

2 Likes

Looks good

1 Like

Repainted Orlaith with lighter skin tone, I need to get some cheap kits to practice ethnic

21 Likes

He is so cute. I love his kit.

1 Like

Me too, so glad I was able to strip it and start again

2 Likes

So beautiful

I was about to say the exact same thing about the colour in my pictures when I posted in the Uno thread last night. I’m sure everyone’s looks washed out, but some others still look way brighter than mine.

2 Likes

I’m so over rooting! I don’t have any painting WIP going on right now, besides a tutorial series baby.
I agreed to add thicker hair to a previously completed reborn, when I said yes I thought I was probably charging too much, now 50 hours in I’m thinking I should have charged a lot more, if anyone hasn’t done it before, don’t, it’s way worse than rooting from scratch!! :laughing:

I had been rooting Delilah, although she sold as a WIP on layaway, so I’m not in a rush and set her aside to finish Juno’s hair.

11 Likes

Definitely!

Even if I am rooting from scratch and a day or 2 later I see a place for 1 hair that didn’t stick to that hole, it very hard to place it there with all hair around.

But honestly, I always concerned about someone’s dolls with extremally thingly rooted hair like your D. What you call ‘more hair’ on Juno, it’s a nice thing rooting in my books as you still can see the sculpt. But that is just me.

5 Likes

I know! I can’t help it, I always root so sparsely, even when I think I’m rooting super thick it’s never actually thick :joy: maybe it’s because my kids were practically bald, so I think the sparse hair looks more natural. But I sure wish I could root just a little thicker naturally!

2 Likes

They both look SO good, but honestly…rerooting has to suck…I’d be so over that baby :rofl:

2 Likes

I love how Juno looks with more hair.

2 Likes

I think I am done with paints on Gerber baby for now. I am going to enhance shading and do creasing with powders. I Put two layers of burnt umber light on her hair and started shaping the hairline a little. Not sure if the hair will be totally done with paint or if I will do some prisma too. The original baby had painted lashes too. Not sure if I will do the same. I’ve never done fake lashes and not sure how it would look…

20 Likes

Super cute! :heart_eyes:

1 Like

She is looking sooo good!!

1 Like

Very sweet. I would paint the lashes (short and sweet and mostly at the outside corners.

2 Likes

Awesome

1 Like