Let’s show our WIP part 4 (Part 2)

I hate it and wouldn’t even agree. That hair was so thin it might have been worth it to take it out and start fresh

1 Like

Yeah I’ve definitely been pulling out bits as I go, but it’s sealed so freaking well, and honestly I was worried about soaking him in boiling water and having to redo his eyes and everything, but about now I wish I had. I was pretty shocked, this is how it looked when I sold him to her in December, he is a baby used in nursing homes so gets a lot of handling, but I’ve never seen hair loss like that in such a short amount of time! I’m using mohair this time instead of alpaca and am hoping it holds up!

14 Likes

Beautiful rooting

1 Like

Rooting Lottie :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: red human hair. I’m pleasantly surprised how quickly it’s going :heart_eyes:

19 Likes

Love the newborn coloring! He’s amazing. May i ask what color did you use for blushing??

2 Likes

I think human hair is easier to root than mohair. It’s looking nice.

1 Like

Thank you. I painted this one a while ago and can’t remember. I can tell you that I paint the blush in layers and it’s different colors layered.

2 Likes

That looks great! What kind of needle are you using?

Yes! Definately!!! Thankyou :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:.

@EnchantedOrphanage 42g triangle :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: I bought a bunch on Etsy. I had a great one for rooting Aloenka but it broke halfway through and I had a heck of a time trying to root after that with my 46g crowns. The triangle shape make it nice sharp and easy to go through the vinyl

4 Likes

Ooooh I’m Loving her… such an improvement!

1 Like

That is so heartbreaking :pleading_face:

1 Like

Awesome, thanks! I’m wanting to root human hair at some point, too, but it feels a bit daunting, haha.

Our current W.I.P. :grin: My poor custom Dominic still not started. After getting over sickness for the 3rd or fourth time in the last month, we decided to start cleaning and switching up my doll room and their gaming room and are about to paint them. This is the before pics (after we took everything out)
Well, I’m suppose to be paying my daughters to redo them, but it seems I’m always supervising :joy: and my daughter has dental surgery tomorrow. So maybe he’ll get started this week.
The Pepto pink walls :crazy_face: they will be painting gray for their game room, and the wood walls will be white for my nursery/painting room. Anyways, sorry for the long post,
I’m just so excited to have enough room to paint and display my dolls with no more PINK walls lol. Also there is a window with sunlight coming in during the day :star_struck:

12 Likes

You will have a nice space!

1 Like

Let us see it as you go…how exciting!!!

2 Likes

How exciting for you! I can’t wait to see your space finished :heart:

1 Like

Wow!!! That baby is looking spectacular.

1 Like

I finished my autumn last night! I love this little sculpt!

16 Likes

I love the new refreshing feeling of updating rooms and moving things around :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: so inspiring!!!

2 Likes

I started painting again today…. First time since last April. Finally have enough set up in our house for me to get around to painting. Still need a lamp, floor rug and some organizing

8 Likes