LaDonna's hair painting kit

Who’s getting in on this?? It doesn’t say if it’s air dry or heat set.

https://macphersoncrafts.com/en/online-store/learn-to-reborn/reborn-dolls/books/pre-order-painting-reborn-hair-and-eyebrows-by-ladonna-briggs-detail

2 Likes

It doesn’t say much at all :thinking: Is it a kit or just a tutorial? Looks like it might just be a book or dvd.

Either way, I love her hair!! And I believe she uses heat set.

3 Likes

Do ya’ll think it’s worth it? I love her hair and use Genesis

I wish it had a better description. But I decided $40 was cheap enough to take my chances on. I love her hair painting.

5 Likes

I think I will buy it. I like her style

1 Like

Great idea! It’s did take a peek. She’s amazing. Not sure I do any of that but I’m going to get the book or dvd it can’t hurt lol

1 Like

I think it’s worth a shot

1 Like

I’m going to get it too :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::heart:

2 Likes

I just pre ordered one too, Im terrible with hair, I need all the help I can get lol

What is her you tube channel? I always root but would learn to paint also.

Oh never mind I found it.

This is from her eBay listing description…

My tutorial is a step by step guide to painting reborn dark brown and red hair and eyebrows on reborn dolls with Genesis Heat Set Paints. You could also use this guide with air dry paints, but they are not used in the tutorial. There are many pictures showing a full progression of painting hair from start to finish and also a full progression of painting eyebrows from start to finish. The tutorial is 20 pages long including the cover and will ship at the end of the month. Don’t be afraid of painting hair on your reborns, genesis paints can be removed before baking so you can make all the mistakes you want and hopefully my guide will help you to take this step to give it a try. I am happy to answer all question. LaDonna Briggs

5 Likes

I pre ordered a couple months ago and recently paid my invoice. I’m excited for it.

2 Likes

I’ve been watching more of her videos and really doubting myself lol :thinking:

2 Likes

I preordered too. Any help is good help! :heart:

2 Likes

She is one of my favorite hair painting artists. I love the way she moves a brush with confidence, it is very relaxing to watch her work.

I may buy the tutorial just to be supportive.

She has such a unique style.

3 Likes

She makes it look incredibly easy and I know it isn’t lol I was never an artist, but always a crafter so reborning peeked my interest for that reason and I just love reborns. So the war between the two rages on for me. My persistence vesus lack of talent. I’m certainly intrigued in getting this.

Awe! Thank you! I hope to learn something from it. lol. She does have a feeling for it…comes so naturally to her, and I’m not an natural artist. I struggle through this rejoicing (most of the time) :rofl: Even as a newbie for 16 months I’ve not had 8 babies laying around with no interest. It makes me wonder if they are any good at all. But it will pass and hopefully when the busy season comes they will fine their moms! :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

I understand exactly. I am not an artist, either. But I love the reborns and I wanted my own. So instead of allowing my husband to spend the money for a quality reborn, we discussed it and he said he was sure I could do it. So, I did. At least I have collected a good many kits. (Compared to some I don’t have very many at all) :slight_smile: But, I have managed to make 4 since March, 2018. Mine are no way near realistic yet. But they are getting better. If I were physically able to work on them more often I think I would do a lot better. But, I do understand. :slight_smile:

LaDonna is teaching a class at the Kansas Doll Show the end of August and I was fortunate to get a spot. It includes the book so I will have a copy. I have watched some of her videos and I love how she paints babies AND hair.

5 Likes