LaDonna's hair painting kit

Oh, they are very good for something. For decoration if nothing else. Also, for changing the outfits at different seasons of the year. :slight_smile: For get a little cuddle once in a while. I understand there is some kind of apparatus that makes the dolls feel warm, more like a real baby. Of course, I have not looked into that as I don’t see me using it. I don’t cuddle mine very often. Once in a while I will hold one of them for a bit. Right now one of them has his 4th of July out fit on. I still need to dress another doll in her 4th of July outfit. I guess when I get a lot of them they will not be changed so often.

This is suppose to be fun. It doesn’t need to be profitable. We all have our own way of expressing ourselves creatively and if you are proud of the babies you made then you need no other validation.

It also takes more time for some babies to find their way home. If I have a baby that is “stuck” I may offer it at a different price point, donate it, or relist it after giving it a break for a week to regenerate interest.

You may also offer your work up for critique if you feel comfortable with that. You have to have a bit of a thick skin and be open to change where you feel it might be valuable. Peers can be super helpful in helping you work things out.

1 Like

How lucky! you have to report back!

2 Likes

I’m going to pre order the book :slight_smile:

That is the conclusion that I came to about making my reborn. I got really stressed out at trying to sell mine on social media so I decided it’s just gonna be fun for me and if someone looks and holds my babies and want one then I will sell them. I Only want to sell enough so I can keep creating my pretty babies😄

1 Like

It’s supposed to be fun, but I think we all stress about it at one time or another for one reason or another. Have a blessed day :kissing_heart:

Right on!

You are rightt but its the good kinda stress like “OMG these creases are a mess” and “I wish I would have used blond instead of light brown mohair” and “baby blue or newborn blue” I love that kind of stress, it distracts from all the real life stuff.

Making babies may be my escapism drug of choice!

What are you working on?

2 Likes

I’m working on miss summer rain. She’s getting her undertones now. I need to do more mottling because quite a bit of it disappeared on me and I love to see it lol

Who are you working on now?

One of the hardest parts of reborning for me is getting the blush to stick on the finger tips and toes. I dread it. It’s coming soon lol.

4 Likes

I agree

She is a classic.

I find it easier to save blushing hands and toes until the very end. A little matte varnish and some thinner, a good bake, and then blush, it helps it “stick” go slow, too many people want to blush in one go, it takes time to build up, if you go to thick too fast you get that yucky red dirty look.

She looks awesome I like the depth you achieved, soles of feet look amazing.

I think you are an artist, you are just revealing that layer of yourself.

1 Like

You are totally sweet to say that! My love language is words of encouragement LOL! See I can have fun!! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::rofl::rofl::rofl: TY gf for the compliment and advise! btw, really enjoying your videos! Very professional and so helpful.

1 Like